13 | goodbyes are not forever

Chapter Thirteen
🍦
Goodbyes Are Not Forever

◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈

Three Months Later

"Come on, pretty please Keith?" Olivia begged the tall boy as they stood behind the counter at the Family Video Store. A month ago, Keith graciously got her a job at the Family Video Store when he somehow found out that she was in a search of a job. It wasn't that much more exciting than Scoops Ahoy was, but when she told Steve and Robin about the job, they wanted to apply as well. She was looking forward to working with them again, but she knew it was going to take Keith some convincing to hire Steve.

            Keith's palm was resting on his chin and was munching on some Cheetoh's, making a mess all over the counter. "Why should I hire Steve? Now Robin, I don't mind, but Steve was a douchebag, Liv," He grumbled through a mouthful of Cheetoh's, making it slightly hard to understand him. "A douchebag. I don't understand why you're even dating him now." Keith made it clear that he despised Steve, and hated him even more now because he was dating Olivia, but that was mostly out of jealousy. After all, it was no secret to everyone that Keith had years of harbored feelings towards the oblivious girl. It may have been covered by his bluntness, and colorless (some would even say creepy) personality, but he genuinely cared for the Henderson girl. Maybe even loved her. And it was almost sad to watch Keith pine over her when he didn't really stand a chance with her, especially against someone like Steve.

            "Keith!" Olivia sighed in frustration and put her head down on the counter. Her cheeks became a bright shade of red when Keith mentioned her and Steve were dating. Even though they had been together for three months now, it still felt... unreal. Like she was in some kind of wonderful dream. When the events at StarCourt were finally over, they finally were able to admit their feelings for each other and Steve asked her to be his girlfriend. Dustin was more than happy when he first found about the two, saying that he saw it coming and was excited to have Steve as his brother-in-law, whatever that meant.

            "Look, I know you don't like him, but I promise that he's changed. He's not at all like how he used to be. Just give him a chance for me, please?" Olivia pleaded with her doe-like eyes looking up at him.

            Keith groaned, but before he could say anything Olivia spotted Steve and Robin outside through the window climbing out of Steve's BMW. "Here they come!" Olivia smiled. "Please be nice Keith."

            The door chimed open as the two of them entered. Steve smiled and tried to act confidently while he walked, but stumbled which made Olivia stifle a laugh. Steve leaned over the counter and greeted Olivia with a kiss on cheek before him and Robin handed Keith their resumes. Keith studied the resumes intently, his glancing back at them every once in a while.

            "Uh, just to be clear, we weren't fired you know," Robin pointed out. "The mall burned down and like, killed a bunch of people."

            "Thanks for sharing, didn't know," Keith said monotonously, drifting his eyes away from the resumes and looking back at them. "Three favorite movies, go," He suddenly quizzed, pointing to Robin.

            "The Apartment, Hidden Fortress, Children of Paradise," The blonde girl answered swiftly without missing a beat.

            Keith points over to Steve next. "You, go."

            "Favorite movies?" Steve repeated.