05 | adventures in a russian elevator

Chapter Five
🍦
Adventures In a Russian Elevator

Chapter Five🍦Adventures In a Russian Elevator

◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈

            Once night had fallen, Robin, Steve, Olivia, and Dustin ducked on the roof of the mall again so they could notify Erica when the coast was clear. Just yesterday morning, Olivia was anxiously awaiting Dustin's arrival home from camp, and now she was helping Dustin figuring out what these "evil Russians" were up to. The weirdest part was that Olivia wasn't even that surprised. This was Hawkins. Everything that has gone down the last two years was nothing but normal. "Erica, do you copy?" Olivia spoke through the walkie. 

            "Mmhmm, I copy," Erica hummed. "You nerds in position or what?"

            Olivia sighed in relief, glad to know that she was okay. If something happened to her, she would've felt like it was all her fault. "Yeah, we're in position," Olivia answered. "It's all quiet here, so you've got the green light."

            "Green light, roger that," Erica repeated. "Commence operation child endangerment," She sneered.

            "Can we maybe not call it that?" Olivia pleaded, as Steve nodded in agreement beside her.

            "See you on the other side, nerds," Erica retorted.

            Steve and Olivia shared a worried look as they waited for Erica. Olivia was in between Steve and Dustin. She clung on to Steve's side, anxiously waiting for Erica. She knew she didn't need to worry about Erica, she made it very clear that she wasn't afraid of anything and that she could handle it herself, but still. Olivia was a lot like Joyce in that way, she constantly worried about the safety of others. After a few minutes (though it felt more like hours), Erica spoke up through the walkie again.

            "Alright nerds, I'm there."

            Olivia relaxed a bit after hearing that she made it safely. "Do you see anything?" She queried, her voice still quivering. Steve held on to her hand to help ease her worries.

            "Yeah, I see those boring boxes you're so excited about," Erica remarked.

            "Any guards?" Robin piped up.

            "Negative," Erica answered.

            Robin quirked her eyebrows. "Booby traps?" She questioned with amusement.

            "If I could see them, they'd be pretty shit traps, wouldn't they?" Erica snickered.

            "Thank you for that," Robin retorted.