16 | happily ever... after?

Chapter Sixteen 🕰️Happily Ever

Chapter Sixteen
🕰️
Happily Ever... After?

            When Olivia, Dustin, and Steve first came home, Claudia was a crying mess

            When Olivia, Dustin, and Steve first came home, Claudia was a crying mess. "Livy and Dusty Henderson!" She exclaimed, disappointment written in her tone. Olivia and Dustin looked at each other wearily, knowing fully well that they were in trouble if their mom was using their full names on them. "A series of murders happened and you had the audacity to leave the house without my consent! And for days, might I add."

             "Mom," Olivia said calmly. "We're okay, we promise." Her words were partly true. Physically, yes, she was okay, but emotionally, she most likely would never be the same again.

          "Don't you guys ever scare me like that again," Claudia sighed heavily. "So, I suppose you guys aren't going to tell me where you've been these last few days?" She asked, giving each of them a pointed look.

            Standing in the middle of Dustin and Steve, Olivia exchanged looks between them and pursed her lips, trying to hold back from blurting out everything. She nearly died almost two times, and her mother had no idea of it. Her mom deserved to know everything, and she wanted to tell her, really, but she knew it was for the best if they kept their mother in the dark about everything. Besides, what was she supposed to tell her anyway? 'Mom, I'm sorry we've been MIA, but we've been hunting down this creepy wizard monster that likes to murder traumatized teens. Oh yeah, and he almost tried to kill me in his freaky red mind world and showed me the most horrible things that hadn't even happened yet, including what happened to Dad. So yeah, as much as it hurt to lie to her mom, it was better if they didn't tell her anything.

Dad. All this time, Olivia and Dustin had no clue of how their father had died. Now that things were over, Olivia finally had time to really process what Vecna had shown her. Her father was a Hawkins police man just like Hopper and Hopper had even claimed that he died while he was out on the field, but Olivia always knew there was so much more to his death than Hopper led on, for the sake of not bearing the news to the two children who lost their father unexpectedly and were too young at the time to understand. It all made sense now to her. He died in 1982, the year before all the shit began in Hawkins. As she was in deep thought about her father, Dustin spoke up again, pulling her out of her trance.