-✦- 𝙎𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝 𝘼𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧 -✦-

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
-✦- 𝙎𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝 𝘼𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧 -✦-
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

(A/n: Hey guys! So just letting you all know that reader in this oneshot would be South Asian like me and I felt like I wanted to promote more of my culture with you guys so without further ado, let's get on with the oneshot! Also: photo on Pinterest= https://pin.it/ldDj3z9)

I was using my hands to eat my biriyani as usual. My family practises this manner since it is traditional. This has also been done by well-known historical individuals. Many people may consider this as weird or unclean but I believe the opposite. It actually encourages digestion and mindful eating. My food seems to taste better that way in my opinion but that's probably just me. As I was about to eat another handful of my food, Ren walked over with a confused expression.

"Hey, Y/n! I always wanted to ask. Why do you eat food with your hands if you don't mind me asking? I'm genuinely curious!" He inquired.

"Oh? Well, it's actually cultural to eat like this. A lot of famous historical figures ate in this manner and since then it has been done by lots of people!" I explained.

"Oh, I see. Thanks for answering my question. What food are you eating by the way? It smells amazing!" He praised.

"This is called Biriyani and it is my favourite dish. Do you want to try some? I can serve you a plate!" I offered.

"Sure! And could you... maybe.... teach me how to eat with my hands like that? I kind of want to learn how to do that!" He shyly requested.

His face reddened like a tomato.

"Oh? Are you sure? I can give you a spoon instead?" I offered.

"No thank you. I want to learn how to eat with my hands!" He responded.

"OK then but just a little advice, it is good to practice eating with your hands daily. You won't be able to do this on the first try!" I warned.

"OK!" He answered.

I got out a plate for Ren and served him some biriyani. He washed his hands and sat down on his chair. I then get myself another serving of Biriyani since I was still hungry.

"OK Ren, what you do is you get your right hand and use your fingertips to pick up the rice and then put the food into your mouth!" I explained while demonstrating with my own food so he would understand.

Due to his inexperience, Ren failed to eat his food correctly but he persisted anyway. He succeeded on his second attempt. He felt an explosion of flavour when he ate the food.

"The biriyani tastes amazing, Y/n. I need to know how you make this so I can serve you this in the future!" He marvelled.

I blushed a little from his compliment and smiled wide since he enjoyed my cooking.

"Aww, thank you! I'll send you the recipe so you can learn how to make this. I can't wait to try it out in the future!" I exclaimed.

Ren smiled and carried on eating with his hands. Then, like a mother would with her child, I took some of my biriyani into my hands and offered him some.

"Hey Ren, say aah!" I chuckled out.

Ren blushed and laughed at my dorkiness. He opened his mouth and let me feed him.

"It tastes so good!" He said while having a mouthful of food.

I smiled at him because I thought it was sweet when he complimented my food.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it so much!" I uttered kindly.

We both finished eating our plate of food and washed our hands. Ren then pointed at my hands. He was curious about the mehndi I wore on my hands. He thought it was a tattoo.

"I like the tattoos on your hands, love!" He complimented.

"Thank you but it's actually called mehndi. I like decorating my hands and mostly just wear it for special occasions like weddings or whatever. A lot of people have different beliefs with the mehndi!" I said in an  educating tone.

"Ohh, I see. Thank you for teaching me about this! I'll be sure to use the proper term next time!" He expressed.

"No problem!" I answered.

Ren held my hand and lead me to the couch to sit down for a bit. He traced small patterns on my hands and kissed each finger of mine. He then cuddled my hand to his cheek. My face reddened at his actions.

"They look so beautiful, love!" He complimented once more.

"Aww, thank you. My mum actually did the design for me. She is super talented with the patterns!" I replied.

Ren smiled and kissed my hands once more.

"I hope you teach me more about your culture, love. I want to be able to appreciate these things better!" He muttered softly.

"Will do, Ren!" I praised.