-✦- 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙚 -✦-

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗
-✦- 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙚 -✦-
╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

A/N: ⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️ MENTIONS OF NIGHTMARES AND MURDER! If you don't like reading this sort of content then please don't read this part. Stay safe and be responsible!

Dark.

Silence.

Sinister.

"Where am I?" You thought to yourself.

Suddenly, a mysterious portal appeared and it shone brightly. You looked at the portal and asked yourself if it was really safe for you to go through it. What if there was something bad on the opposite side? You mentally shook those thoughts away, though. You figured it would be wise to walk through it and see what was on the other side.

WHOOOOOSHHH!

You were sucked into this strange portal in a matter of seconds and you travelled through its space. You couldn't help but to tremble and think, "What the hell? What's happening?"

You travelled through this portal for about 2 minutes until you fell onto the ground with a thump.

"Oof!" You groaned in pain.

This time, it seems you were in some sort of interrogation room.

"What am I doing here?" You whisper to yourself.

You were about to leave the room until you heard heavy breathing behind you.

You promptly turned around to see Ren sat on a chair, breathing heavily. You looked at his face in shock as well. He had many bruises as if he was punched and his face was pale with dark eye bags, most likely due to lack of sleep.

You gasped at the sight of him. Is this what he went through when he was at that interrogation place to trick Akechi? You swiftly ran to him to give him a hug and shield him away from potential threats. Unfortunately, your attempt was unsuccessful because when you tried to hug him, your hand just passed through him.

"Huh?" You whispered, confused with the situation at hand.

CLANK!

A glass cage trapped you, leaving you helpless. You bashed onto the glass, terrified of what this nightmare would lead to.

"Hey! Someone? Anyone? Help me out!" You yelled out.

As you bashed onto the glass once more, you witnessed Akechi with a loaded gun and a sadistic grin on his face. He walked into the room with loud footsteps and raised his gun at Ren.

"This is where your justice ends, Joker! Any last words?" He asked with venom in his tone.

Ren then turned his head around to look at you, finally noticing your presence. Your heartbeat quickened in fear of what was going to happen.

"No! Escape this, Ren! You can't let it end like this! Please! Our friends need you. I need you!" You shouted out, petrified of what you were seeing.

"I'm sorry, my love! Just know that I'll always love you and be there in your memories!" He said, smiling with tears streaming down his face.

"No! Ren!" You screamed in agony.

BANG!

Ren fell from his chair and breathed away his last breath.

You screamed and cried out in fear while hearing Akechi laugh about his victory.

Suddenly, you jolted up from your pillow crying hysterically. Your face was crimson red and you panted hard.

Ren, who was awoken from the sound of crying, quickly turned to see you.

He was shocked to see you cry so he wrapped his arms around your waist and put your head on his chest.

"Hey, my love! What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He whispered.

He decided to lift you up and set you down on his lap so you could have better access to listening to his heartbeat. He knew that always calmed you down.

"N...Nightmare!" You stuttered out, tearfully.

"Ah, I see. Do you want to talk about it, sweetheart? You don't have to if you don't feel comfortable!" He offered.

"Yeah, please!" You blurted.

Ren rubbed circles on your back before saying, "Go ahead then, sweetheart. You can tell me all about it!

So you did. You told him about the mysterious portal and how you travelled through its space. You told him about how you were trapped in that glass cage and how you couldn't get out. You told him about Akechi killing him and how scared you were to lose him.

Ren listened to you intently while giving you many kisses on your head. He didn't like seeing you cry like this.

After you finished explaining to him about your dream, Ren cupped your cheeks with his hand. He lifted up your face so you could look at him while he speaks.

"My love, you aren't going to lose me! I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. Not without you, ok? So please don't cry! It hurts my heart seeing the love of my life cry like this!" He whispered gently.

"It's hard, Ren! I can't stop thinking about it! I'm scared. So very scared!" You cried out more.

"Hush, my love! Just as I said before, I'm here now! I'm not going anywhere. You won't lose me!" He muttered to you.

He wiped away your tears and gazed into your eyes before kissing your lips. He held your waist while you wrapped your arms around his neck. The kiss felt gentle and warm.

"Mmf!" You groaned as you kissed his lips feverishly.

The two of you kissed until you both pulled away with red blushes on your cheeks. You panted slowly, feeling that warm and fuzzy emotion in your heart.

"Love, do you want to cuddle with me?" Ren asked with a hushed tone.

You tackled Ren onto the bed, nuzzling your face onto his chest.

"Oof! Geez, sweetheart! Hehe!" He chuckled, looking at your form on his chest.

He wrapped his arms around you and gave you a little head massage which caused you to sleep almost instantly. You enjoyed his cuddles no matter what and you loved laying on him. He was like a big blanket or maybe a soft Teddy bear.

"Zzz!" You snoozed, feeling calm in Ren's arms.

Ren smiled at your sleeping form and kissed your head once more.

"I love you, sweetheart! I'll always be here for you no matter what!" He whispered to you, before closing his eyes letting sleep consume him.