06: He Rejected Her

This was a terrible idea.

Mona is going to hate me even more and I don't think I can fix that.

I was standing in front of Ten Lanes, and it was a little chilly, being as we're near the end of September.

"Why are you waiting out here, everyone's inside."

I'm fully aware of that.

I pout at Theo, and he laughs, coming to me and taking my arm.

"How about this, you stay for 15 minutes and if something gets out of hand we can leave."

I look up at him, which wasn't very hard as he was 6'2" and me 5'8", "We? Nobody has a problem with you. You don't have to go for me."

He shakes his head, walking us towards the door.

"I know that, but I want to be here and support you. So, if shit gets crazy, we'll go home and get ice cream and watch movies, deal?"

I smile at him, opening the door, "Deal."

By the time I changed into my bowling shoes and find a ball, Hazel has already set up the game with our names on the screen.

"Isa...why do you have her name up there? I thought she wasn't coming."

Mona says from the couches around the bowling lane.

From where I'm standing, her back is turned to me, and I haven't fully approached them yet.

"Uh, actually she's behind you."

Mona snaps her head back so fast I thought she was going to break it and gives me a death stare.

I tried to ignore it, holding my head high and walking closer to them, putting my ball down.

"You got some nerve showing up here."

She says to me, and I shrug, "Well all of my friends are here, so where else would I be?"

She narrows her eyes as I sit next to Isaiah and Hazel and Theo sits next to me.

"You set me up, didn't you?"

She asks, turning to Hazel.

"I'm sorry Mona, but I think this is something the two of you can work out."

She crosses her arms over her chest, leaning back in her seat.

"Well, I'm not going anywhere. Isabella can leave."

I turn to Theo, pleading for him to let us leave but he shakes his head.

"I'm first, right? We're going to play this game and we're going to have fun."

Theo gets up, grabbing a ball and swinging it down the lane. He knocks all the pins down and turns to us.

"Come on, who's next?"

Isaiah looks around wearily before getting up, "Not that it's any of my concern, but this back and forth with Isa and Mona is ridiculous."

He rolls the ball and turns to us.

"Let's review the issue at hand."

I raise my eyebrows at him, and he takes this as a sign to continue.

"Mona you have no reason to be upset. You weren't dating James and isn't there some secret girl code that you're not supposed to date your friend's ex."

He looks at her and she rolls her eyes.

He had a point. I didn't do anything wrong. She's mad at me for a mistake.