33: He Walks Me Down The Aisle

"SOON TO BE MRS. ANDERSON IS IN THE HOUSE!!"

Jasmine, Ivey's best friend, shouts, and everyone cheers as Ivey makes her way into the living room.

It's a couple of days after my 21st birthday and I was back home for Ivey's bachelorette party and wedding.

I was glad my teachers allowed me to turn in assignments late and do classwork virtually because I was missing quite a few days.

The living room was filled with friends and family, women and girls alike from everywhere.

The little ones were upstairs while the rest of us were talking and catching up with one another.

I wanted to stay in my room inside of organizing treat bags and sorting out games but I didn't have a choice.

It's really fun being the Maid of Honor!

Can you see the sarcasm?

Ivey comes through the crowd of women wearing gold pajama pants like the rest of the bridal party and a burgundy shirt that reads "does this shirt make me look pregnant?"

Her wedding theme colors are burgundy, white, and gold.

The bridesmaids: Jasmine, Hazel, and Lucia had burgundy floor-length dresses with different style straps to fit each of their tastes.

Since I am the Maid of Honor, the dress picked for me was a gold floor-length gown with a deep v-neck and a slit on the side.

A little too much for me but Ivey wouldn't let me leave the store with anything else.

Ivey and her crazy hormones gets her whatever she wants.

Will wants her happy and mom claims it's her being young and in love and one day, I'll understand that.

I was at the point in my life where I highly doubt it.

So sitting upstairs was my gold dress along with the other bridesmaids' dresses and the wedding dress.

Ivey's wedding dress was absolutely breathtaking.

Her baby bump wasn't really showing yet since it'd only been 2 months and she was able to fit into her dream dress.

Ivey's dress is an A-line wedding dress with floral lace from the straps to the waist and then it flowed down with white sheer fabric and silk underneath. It had a long dress train so it followed behind her when she walks down the aisle

It made her look like a mythical fairy and she had a gold hairpiece for her veil to come behind her.

I watch as Ivey begins to mingle with the different women and I try my best to sit comfortably on the couch.

"Isabella! What are doing in the corner by yourself?"

I look up to see my grandmother and I stand up to hug her.

"Hi Grandma Gwen, when did you get in?"

Gwendolyn Harris is my grandma on my mother's side.

She's 71, and stands around 5'4". Her gray hair was usually pulled back in a low bun and she has dark brown skin tone like my mom. She usually dresses like she was going somewhere important, even if it was just from her room to the kitchen.

Today she was wearing a white shirt that said "Grandma of The Bride" in gold letters and gold pajama bottoms, which was definitely a change to her usual wear.

She was always looked very elegant, like the black version of Julie Andrews in The Princess Diaries.

Grandma Gwen stayed with us for some years in middle school after her husband, Grandpa Walter, passed away but one day she said she needed to move on and brought a small house in Iowa.