39: He's Home

"Careful, careful. There you go."

"Isa, I am capable of getting to the couch by myself."

Theo says as he positions himself on the couch, putting the crutches to the side of him.

After a long week, Theo was able to return home.

Most of my things were moved back into my old room in his apartment and I had got his assignments from school that he missed.

"Okay, I just wanna make sure you're okay. I'm going to find something for you to eat, you must be tired of that hospital food."

I say to him, going to the kitchen, but he tugs on my arm before I can go anywhere.

"Nah, I want you right here."

He smirks, pulling me to sit on his lap and I squeak in surprise.

"Theo!"

He laughs, his hand pulling my face to meet his as he connects our lips in a kiss.

"I just wanna stay here forever."

He whispers, his hand going down the curve of my face.

A smile spreads on my face and I kiss him again.

"I wish we could..."

I say back, getting off his lap.

"...I gotta get to class though. I made everything pretty accessible here in the living room and there are 5 meals prepped in the fridge."

He laughs and I look at him confused, "What? Why are you laughing?"

"Cause this is so cute, this is like wife goals. Are you going to bathe me next?"

He smirks and I narrow my eyes at him, "You're so annoying. And if we get married, you'll be the one cooking, not me."

I stuck my tongue out at him, causing him to laugh even more.

"That's fine but I think you made a mistake."

He says and I raise my eyebrows, "Oh really?"

He nods and I look at him for his reply, "It's not if we get married, it's when."

"You're so confident", I tell him and he grins at me.

"Yeah, I can see it...Mrs. Isabella Robertson. I think it has a nice ring to it", he says slowly, almost seductively and I try to refrain from smiling.

"Nope. That sounds weird. I don't think I like it."

I joke with him, watching his eyes narrow at me.

"Well, you could always call yourself Theo's wife. That's fine with me", he shrugs and I roll my eyes, a smile forming on my face.

"Isa, when we're ready, I will put a ring on that finger. Just know that, and I don't think I can wait that long to be honest with you. I want you with me every day for the rest of my life. I know that that might scare you, so for you I'll wait, but I'd marry you tomorrow if I could."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"No fucking way!"

Isaiah exclaims next to me.

He, Hazel, and I were gathered in the cafeteria doing lunch.

I missed Theo most of the day but I was happy to still have this two to get me through.

"Mi amour, qué pasó?" (My love, what happened/what's wrong)

Isaiah doesn't say anything back to her and I follow his eyes, trying to see what he was looking at.