44: He Has A Ring

"You're glowing", that's how Hazel greets the next morning and I shake my head.

"Whatever, take your eggs and leave me alone."

I reply, sitting at the table in the dining room.

We had gathered for breakfast and planned to go kayaking later today.

Kayla had basically planned our whole trip which was fine by us since Sam and Nico obviously just planned to drink at the beach all day.

Theo comes from the bathroom and on spotting me smiles and I smile back.

He walks to me, kissing me on the forehead, and sits down next to me.

"Good morning Angel", he greets, taking a piece of my toast and biting it.

"Good morning", I say back, trying not to look down at his chest display through his open buttoned shirt.

"Ugh. This fucking sucks. Everyone is paired up but me. Theo and Isa, Hazel and Isaiah, Kayla and Nico, where's my happiness."

Sam says sulking into his seat and Hazel chuckles, "There there brother, your time will come."

He narrows his eyes at her and we laugh.

"I'm on the same page as you Sammy, I'm not with Kayla."

Nico comments and I know this will start a debate.

Nico had been denying that anything was going on between him and Kayla for the past week, but it's been quite obvious that there was.

"Has she kissed you?" 

Isaiah asks and Nico glances at everyone and nods.

"Did you kiss her back", Theo says and Nico nods again and I watch how innocent Nico looks.

"Okay, have you two been on outings where you talked about things and learned about each other, maybe over food", Hazel says now and Nico nods again.

"You're dating", they say in unison and I let out a small chuckle.

"How am I supposed to know for sure?"

Nico slumps against his seat and Sam turns to his brother, patting his shoulder.

"Talk to her, man. You tell her how you feel and you hope she likes you back. You a good guy Nicholas, and I've seen the way you are with Kayla. I think you got a shot."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"So, tell me everything!"

Hazel grins at me and I widen my eyes at her.

"Hazel, what the hell are you talking about?"

We were sitting on the patio, looking out at the water and sipping tea.

"Don't play dumb with me, tell me about you and Theo and what happened last night."

"There's nothing to tell. We...we had sex. It was amazing and now we are going to get dressed to go kayaking."

She let out a squeal and hit my shoulder, "Why are you saying this like it was nothing. You and Theo finally had sex. That's not anything unless it was bad. Was it bad?"

Hazel's curious eyes stare me down and I sighed.

I always found it awkward telling people these things but Hazel was an open book.

She'd tell you everything you wanted to know about her relationship and I knew she meant well. I know Isaiah makes her so happy but many times it could be very annoying.