iii.

"We should definitely do that more often." Eddie said when the movie ended and he ate the last piece of popcorn left in the bowl. Both of them got so invested in the movie that they forgot to eat their snacks. They only realised that when there were already only 20 minutes of the movie left.

"Yeah, let me remind you that you pretty much always play D&D with your nerd gang after school so I guess it's not gonna be that often." Dani said rolling her eyes playfully. She could never seriously make fun of Eddie's hobbies.

"You'll brighten up when I finally get you the hellfire club shirt." He said and winked at her as he slowly started to get up and gather his things "Speaking of the devil, I have a new adventure starting in like 30 minutes so I gotta run. Bye, lady Harrington." He added giving Dani a high five as he nearly ran out of her house. Who would have thought he had a busier schedule than her? But she didn't mind, the time they spent together was valuable enough for her.

She stood up from the couch and walked over to the main entrance to close the door behind Eddie but got surprised by a familiar face standing in the doorway. It was Robin.

"Did Eddie Munson just run out of the Harrington household?" She asked with a confused look on her face as she looked back at Dani and then at the direction Eddie ran in.

"Yeah." Danielle said "He's my best friend." She added making Robin's eyes widen even more but she decided not to elaborate on the topic any further.

This surprising new information made Robin even more interested in finding out who the true Danielle Harrington actually was.

"Are you looking for Steve, Robin?" Dani asked equally as confused because she had never seen Robin come by or hang out with Steve at their house.

"Umm.. I.. left one of my rings at work and I hope Steve found it and brought it home maybe." Robin said as she rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly

"Oh! Steve hasn't come home yet, he is probably pursing his career in babysitting." Dani said with a smile making Robin burst out with laughter at her comment "But you can come in and wait for him if you'd like?" She asked moving out of the way in case Robin wanted to walk inside.

Robin nodded her head "I would love to." She started walking through the hall and headed straight for the kitchen. "So... you and Munson?" Robin asked looking over at Dani as she did the same gesture she did before at the store - she put her head on her hand that was leaning on the kitchen counter this time. Danielle couldn't help but just admire her simple beauty.

"We've been friends since we were like 5 years old. And our friendship has been 100% platonic." Danielle didn't even know why she felt the urge to add that info. She took out a glass and poured some water into it handing it over to Robin. "Let's go to my room, Robin."

Robin genuinely felt a blush spread around her cheeks, being invited into someone's room was definitely a sign of trust. They could've easily stayed in the kitchen or the living room but Danielle decided to show her her little world. She felt honoured.

The room was filled with vinyl records, the desk was stacked with papers and the walls were full of posters. The prettiest and biggest one was of Whitney Houston right above Dani's bed. Apart from the posters one wall was only dedicated to photos of Dani with her friends, family and classmates.

"IS THIS STEVE??" Robin asked the second she was a photo of the twins playing in their backyard when they were around 4 years old. Her eyes were wide and she was laughing hysterically. "I never thought I would see dingus wearing pink shorts with teddy bears on them. Can I take it?"

Danielle just giggled at her excitement "Aren't you going to appreciate my fashion choices?" She asked knowing very well she looked nearly as hilarious as Steve did with their dad's flannel shirt and sunglasses.

"You look cute and I'm also planning on bullying Stevie about it, not you." Robin said laughing lightly as she sat down on the bed and looked around "You have a Whitney Houston poster, Elle!" She added pointing to it

"Yes. The most talented and beautiful singer." Danielle smiled as she walked over to her gramophone and put in her favourite album and I Wanna Dance With Somebody started playing and Dani started to sway slowly gradually getting more and more excited pointing to Robin when the chorus started to play. She took her hand and they started to dance around together.

Dani tripped over her own stack of books that she placed next to her desk and started falling but Robin caught her wrapping her one hand around Dani's waist and still holding her hand with the other one. "You okay, Danielle?" Robin asked

Dani's cheeks became bright red immediately out of embarrassment but mostly because of how close Robin was to her. Her beauty was even more stunning from up close. Her eyes were the most beautiful shade of blue Dani has ever seen. "Y-yeah."

Suddenly the moment was interrupted by the entrance doors opening "I'm back, D!" Steve screamed after he closed the door behind him.

a/n:
how do you feel about the chapters so far?? I don't want to rush things between Robin and Dani but I also want them to have a bit of a crush on each other. Does that make sense??
btw I'll probably start posting the chapters around once or twice a week from now on<3