ix.

Danielle opened the front door as slowly and quietly as she could assuming that Steve was already fast asleep. He didn't have to worry about her well-being as she was hanging out with Robin. The second she closed the door behind herself she did a little excited dance. She was impressed by her own courage to kiss Robin and actually doing it! She couldn't help but feel extremely happy and nervous but in the best way possible.

Her moment of pure joy was interrupted when she heard laughter from the kitchen and noticed that the light was on. Well, Steve probably decided to invite some girl while she was away. Good for him.

"Have you ever even tried dipping salted chips in Nutella?! Don't hate it before you taste it!" Danielle heard a male voice that didn't belong to Steve coming from the kitchen. That was a voice she knew very well and only one person could be so passionate about that food combination.

She immediately walked through the hall and into the kitchen to see her own brother trying a chip with Nutella spread on top and Eddie looking very proud of himself.

"What are you guys doing?" Danielle said staring wide-eyed at the scene in front of her. Steve never showed any interest in getting to know her best friend. He even used to worry that Eddie wasn't good company for her and would probably get her into drugs or Dungeons & Dragons (she could never tell which one was worse in his opinion).

Steve immediately turned around while biting off half of the chip. Eddie smiled and walked over to Danielle putting his arm around her shoulder. "You see, we just bumped into each other. Am I right, Stevie?" He asked looking over at Steve with a smile.

"I saw him walking down our street when I was coming back from work and I figured that I can ask Eddie to come over and finally get to know him since my best friend is hanging out with his and vice versa." Steve added finishing the chip and looking over at Eddie and Danielle.

"Are you guys drunk or something?" Danielle said still not believing the whole situation she was looking at.

"Stone cold sober, Ms Harrington." Eddie said confidently, putting one of his hands on his heart and the other up "I swear."

"Blow." She said checking out both of the guys' breaths to make sure they really weren't drunk.

She said down at the kitchen counter and smiled at the two of them "Honestly, if it hadn't been for me catching you in the act of convincing my brother to eat a chip with Nutella I'd be bawling my eyes out right now from happiness but the situation is just way too ridiculous." Danielle said before starting to laugh with pure happiness.

"I'm glad, I hoped you wouldn't mind." Steve said with a smile as he sat down beside his sister and gave her a pat on the back.

"Yeah, yeah, sisterly and brotherly love, so sweet. But we need to get back to the main issue - how was the Nutella chip, Steve?" Eddie asked making Danielle laugh even harder then before and Steve joining in. "Nobody treats me seriously in this household." Eddie said dramatically before smiling at the two.

"Come here, you lovely freak." Danielle said with the most affectionate way before giving him and Steve a hug, glad the two of them finally started to get along.

"Dani, wake uuuuuup!" Eddie's voice rang in her ears as she opened her eyes. For a moment she forgot that he stayed for the night.

"Go away, Munson." She said just turning on her other side, her back facing Eddie.

"Okay, I see, we are grumpy, but let me remind you, that I can skip school without a problem but you are in the student council and today is a school photography contest that you have a speech at." These words made Dani get up and get herself together. She totally forgot about it.

"You know my schedule better than me." She said surprised at that fact as she walked out of the room and ran into the bathroom.

She got to the school pretty quickly. Eddie decided to honour the school with his presence only on the 3rd and 4th period, then listen to his best friend's speech and then go set everything up for Hellfire's D&D session. Danielle could never convince him not to cause himself any trouble with the teachers, but after all these years of friendship with him, she realised that if he listened to her, he would lose a part of his charm and that would be a huge loss.

Danielle nearly jogged through the school corridors and into the student council room. A few of her fellow students were already there. She greeted everyone before walking over to her desk.

"Seems like you have a secret admirer, Danielle." Her friend - Judy - pointed a finger at a small bunch of flowers that were put in a mug.

"I'm sure it's one of the basketball players. Jason, maybe?" Another girl - Tina - added giggling a little bit.

"Jason has a girlfriend!" Judy quickly shut Tina down, anger visible in her voice as she was very close with Chrissy, Jason's girlfriend. "I'm sure it's Hugh." Judy said as the two of them continued to wonder, while Danielle ignored their chatter.

Dani looked closer and saw a note underneath the mug.

You could really use some pretty flowers in your office too, Ms Head of the Student Council.
I hope they brighten your day :)

Dani smiled brightly seeing the note and she already knew who the flowers were from. Lavender and lilac really weren't that common of a combination.

a/n:
i have to tell you i love seeing your comments so much, guys!! I hope you enjoyed the next chapter

what's your dream date??