xi.

"Is everything okay, Elle? You seemed so happy when I saw you at school and now you are so under the weather." Robin said with concern clearly showing on her face. She sat down on Dani's bed right next to where she was laying facing the ceiling. She gently placed her hand on top of Danielle's and squeezed it lightly. "You know I'm here to listen to whatever is on your mind."

Danielle looked over at Robin and smiled lightly before looking upset again. "I know, it's not your fault. After my speech I saw Eddie and we had a huge fight. We never fight." She said clearly still thinking about how she snapped at him. "I was the one who started the argument but he was doing something he promised he wouldn't do so I just felt so upset." She said as her eyes started to water.

"Even the bestest of friends fight. Maybe you could've approached him in a calmer way but sometimes we can't control our emotions enough. You just have to talk it out with each other." Robin said laying down beside Danielle and holding her hand while they both stared at the ceiling. "For example today I told Steve he was being a dumbass, but we are all good now." Robin added making Dani laugh a little bit.

"I've been doing that for years, he got used to it." Danielle added as the both of them started laughing. Robin turned her whole body to face Dani and bent her arm to support her head so that she could see the other girl better.

"What do you think will cheer you up, huh? Maybe you wanna dance with somebody?" Robin asked with a small smile on her face as she stood up and walked over to the gramophone and put a vinyl on it as Whitney Houston started to play.

"Robin, I know you hate pop." Danielle said rolling her eyes as she sat up on her bed looking over at Robin.

"Now that I have some really good memories with Whitney Houston I think I may even become a fan." Robin said laughing a little as she reached out her hand for Danielle to take "Try not to fall this time." She added winking at her making Dani roll her eyes again but she finally stood up taking Robin's hand letting her lead the dance.

Robin spun her around and danced her heart out with Danielle seeing that she was starting to feel better. Seeing her be sad and upset was breaking Robin's heart and she was ready to do anything to make a smile reappear on Dani's face even if that meant having to listen to Whitney Houston all day everyday.

Danielle wrapped her arms around Robin's neck so as to get a little bit closer to her. Robin responded with putting her hand's on Dani's waist. Danielle smiled up at Robin before giving her a light peck on the lips.

It was very sudden for Robin but she didn't mind. She smiled and responded by putting her lips on Dani's and holding the kiss for a longer amount of time as she brought up her hands to Dani's cheeks caressing them.

When they pulled away Robin could see that Danielle's cheeks were bright red but she was smiling. "You know, I never thought that I would find someone like you in Hawkins." Danielle said looking up at her with a smile "And I am so glad I did." She added as she made a step backwards.

She tripped over the exact same pile of books as she did the last time the only difference being that Robin was so surprised by it that she didn't manage to catch her this time. She fell on her butt with a loud thud and a groan of pain. "I swear, I don't want to see those books laying on that floor the next time I come over." Robin said but she couldn't help laughing at how ridiculous the situation was.

After she was done trying to hold back her giggling, she helped Dani stand up. "I hope I'm the only girl you dance with like that." Robin said looking down at her feet being a bit shy about what she said.

Danielle laughed a bit "Kissing involved? Only you." She said making Robin look up at her.

"What about without the kissing?" She asked with surprise on her face.

"Still only you, dummy." Danielle replied seeing the reaction of pure relief on Robin's face.

"Don't be messing with me like that!" She said with some intentionally over the top frustration in her voice.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry. Forgive me?" Danielle asked trying to look cute, which may sound cheesy but the expression on Dani's face was melting Robin's heart and she couldn't even pretend to be upset anymore.

Robin cleared her throat before trying to sound very serious "Your forgiveness may be granted on the condition that you go on a second date with me." She couldn't hold her seriousness anymore so she smiled a bit trying to hide it with biting her lips.

"That doesn't sound too bad." Danielle said pretending that she was thinking about the pros and cons of such an outcome but she ended up cracking up and saying "But seriously, that is probably the best way I've ever had to apologize for my mistakes." Danielle said smiling brightly

"Talk it out with Eddie first, okay? I want you to be able to fully focus on being happy when we go on a date." Robin said giving Dani a hug

"You are right, I will." She said but a thought was lingering in her head.

That Eddie wasn't going to listen to her and he would continue to deal and it would end tragically.

a/n:
is it time to slowly start bringing Vecna into the plot? or are we staying away from the stranger things season 4 plot for now? let me know your thoughts!