viii.

The movie was going by with the two girl slowly getting closer to one another both mentally and emotionally. At some point after Danielle cried her eyes out because one of the main characters died, Robin hugged her tightly and they decided to just talk through the rest of the movie so that Dani wouldn't cry anymore. That didn't stop them from staying in the hug.

"You know, you should put some lights on the ceiling." Danielle said as she pointed to the roof of the car while keeping her head on Robin's chest. She could hear how fast Robin's heart was beating but she couldn't blame her. Dani's was beating just as fast. "That would make it way more charming if we decide to ignore the movie on the next dat- meeting" Dani said feeling her cheeks go bright red at her little slip up.

Robin could feel the corners of her lips naturally lift up in that gorgeous smile of hers as she looked at Dani. "I will make sure to do that for the next date." She said making Dani feel a bit at ease knowing that Robin didn't mind calling it a date. "And I will also make sure that we go to a drama again because the cuddles are a big plus. Though I didn't enjoy seeing you cry." Robin said truthfully, her cheeks turning red as well when Dani turned herself around to look Robin in the eyes.

"So... if there are no lights here yet, maybe we should go and watch some real stars?" Dani asked with her eyes shining with excitement. "It's pretty dark, I'm sure we'll be able to see them." She said and Robin nodded. They started getting the car back to its previous state and then they got in their seats. Robin started driving away with the movie still playing in the back.

"Park here!" Dani said pointing to the side of the road nearly outside of Hawkins.

"You know, I think it's a good moment for you to tell me if you have any criminal history or plan to have one very soon." Robin said as she pulled over and looked at Dani afterwards.

"Do I look like a killer to you?" Dani asked her laughing and Robin just shrugged.

"You never know, Ted Bundy doesn't look like a serial killer either." Robin said getting out of the car and Dani following right behind her.

"Just trust me, I have the perfect spot." She said and took Robin's hand after the girl took out some blankets from the trunk of her car.

She walked right into the woods making Robin start to feel a bit nervous because of all the potential danger that Dani was putting them in. Thankfully they didn't go a long way. Soon a beautiful spacious meadow appeared right in front of them. There were a bunch of flowers everywhere but one spot was only covered with short grass, perfect for a blanket.

"Wow, this really is the ideal place for watching the stars." Robin said looking around amazed at the sight. The whole area looked pretty even in the darkness of the late evening. "How'd you know about it?" She asked letting Dani's hand go for a second to set down the blankets.

"Steve likes to take his potential girlfriends here. Dad told him about this place and now it's the Harrington go-to spot. I need to continue the legacy." Dani said laughing lightly as she sat down and Robin joined her sitting right beside her. She decided not to ask if Dani considered her to be her potential girlfriend, she didn't want to make her uncomfortable but she did smile at the thought.

"Okay, I think it's a good moment to tell you I have no clue about constellations and space stuff. I just love staring at the stars." Dani said laughing lightly making Robin giggle as well

"Thankfully, I know a few." Robin looked up at the night sky and pointed in a certain direction "That over there is Orion, do you see him? Do you see these three stars right next to each other? That's his belt." Robin asked looking over at Dani as she stared intensely at the sky.

Her face suddenly brightened up and pure happiness was radiating from her. "Oh my God! I see it! I found it, Robin! I found Orion!" Dani was so ecstatic making Robin feel nearly as happy just at the sight.

"Good job, Elle." She said with a smile as
Dani wrapped her arms around her neck in a thankful hug. Robin was a bit surprised at that but she didn't hesitate long before putting her hands on Dani's waist. Their bodies seemed to fit perfectly with each other.

Dani pulled away a bit but was still able to keep her hands on Robin's shoulders. Her heart was beating so fast. They were at the same distance as the time Danielle fell while dancing and Robin caught her. Danielle could feel just as many butterflies in her stomach.

"We should get going." Robin said nervously as Dani blushed and nodded her head.

"Yes, you are right." She said smiling lightly at Robin as they grabbed their things and headed back to the car. Dani could still feel the butterflies and she felt some nervousness from Robin as well.

After some walking they got back into the car and Robin started driving towards the Harrington household but all the two girls could think about was their moment of unspoken intimacy between each other.

Some time later they finally arrived by Dani's house.

"I've had the best time with you today, Elle." Robin said looking over at Dani with a smile on her face.

Dani answered back with a smile "Me too." She said and before Robin could say her goodbye she wrapped her arms around her shoulders and gave Robin a kiss right on the lips. It was light, sweet and gentle. As Dani pulled away Robin couldn't even say a word. She just sat there in pure surprise.

"Bye, Robin. See you!" Danielle said as she opened the door and ran to her house, leaving Robin in the car knowing that she was already starting to obsess over her.

a/n:
I hope you liked this chapter!! I'm still not over volume 2 though 😭