vii.

Robin immediately went to work after school but she was so excited for the drive-in theatre with Dani in the evening.

She walked into the store with a big grin on her face which caught Steve's attention very quickly. "And what are you so happy about, Buckley?" He asked her leaning onto the counter with his arms crossed.

"Well, I am going to the drive-in theatre tonight with this girl, you may know her - Danielle Harrington." She said jokingly as she jumped up and sat on the counter next to Steve

"Hmm... rings a bell." Steve said pretending to think for a bit before becoming a bit more serious again. "So... you guys are going on a date or something?" He asked being a bit suspicious as he knew that both girls were women loving women.

"No no! It's just a casual meeting, you know, as friends." Robin quickly said blushing lightly hoping Steve didn't feel awkward about her meeting up with his sister.

"Yeah yeah." Steve said feeling that two had some type of bond that could easily turn into something more than being just friends. But he knew Dani and he knew Robin very well. He could tell that they wouldn't hurt each other and they'd be a great couple. "Buy her lavender and lilac. These are her favourite flowers." He said looking over at Robin before quickly walking up to a really pretty girl that was looking around the shop.

Robin just smiled quickly saying thank you to him and trying to figure out where to get such a combination of flowers.

Eddie quickly escaped through the back door as he thought Robin might get confused if she sees them together. Dani wanted to protest but before she could say anything he was already gone. She quickly grabbed her bag and headed downstairs. She opened the door and saw Robin standing there with the cute bouquet of lavender and lilac. She knew Steve had to say something to Robin because there is no way she would think of such a combination herself.

"Hi, Elle." Robin said before extending her hands out a bit so the bouquet was closer to Dani "These are for you." She smiled lightly

"Robin, they are perfect! These are my favourite flowers! Thank you!" Danielle said as she invited Robin in for a second so that she could find a vase for the pretty bouquet. She quickly poured in some water into what she found and then placed the flowers into it. Dani then walked over to Robin and gave her a small peck on the cheek "Thank you again." She said and then started walking over to the door and opening it.

Robin just stood there in the corridor in a state of shock but it wasn't negative at all. She wanted that peck more than anything and she got it. She just totally didn't expect it.

"You coming?" Dani's voice shook Robin out of her intense thoughts as she nodded her head and followed Danielle.

Robin opened the passenger side door for Dani to which she smiled and thanked her as she sat down. Robin quickly walked around to the driver's seat and started driving them to the theatre.

They chatted all the way to their destination with Robin having the cutest habit of babbling. Dani wondered if that's what she did when she was nervous? When she started you just couldn't stop her but Dani didn't mind it at all. It was adorable and she had to admit, slightly hilarious.

When they got to the theatre Robin bought them some popcorn and they got themselves comfortable. It turned out that even though Robin's car has seen better days you could push the seats back so that you could have a space to lay down and they did that. Robin took out some pillows and blankets from the trunk and Dani was impressed "Wow, you really are perfectly prepared for this occasion. How many girls are you taking to this theatre on a weekly basis?" Dani asked seeing how Robin's face immediately went white and she was about start another monologue but Dani stopped her "Don't worry, Robin, I was only joking." Dani said giggling lightly making Robin sigh in relief.

"Good because I wasn't ready to come up with a good excuse." Robin laughed along chipping in on the joke making Dani smile

They laid down next to each other as the movie started to play and it was a drama. Dani watched intensely really getting into the plot while Robin couldn't help but stare at her. She was admiring all of her features and trying her best to remember every single detail. She could see how truly beautiful Danielle was. Maybe not everyone would think this was but Robin was sure she has never seen anyone prettier. She paid attention to every tiny feature she noticed in her like the mole on her cheek or a small scar right above her left eyebrow.

Finally Dani spoke up "You know, when I was younger I've always wondered why there are never couples with two boys or two girls, only one of each..." She bit her lip nervously, knowing that she was giving hints to Robin and testing the waters to see what the other girl had to say. Dani was pretty sure though that Steve wouldn't be able to be best friends with a girl that was homophobic and also he wouldn't just be able to hang out with such a pretty girl if she was straight.

Robin smiled lightly as she reached out for Dani's hand and took it into hers being just as nervous as Dani. "Me too..." She said knowing that maybe this time her crush finally wouldn't turn out to be another heartbreak.