iv.

Robin quickly fixed her ruffled shirt and ran out of the rooms and down the stairs with Dani following right behind her. "Hey, Steve-oh." Robin said as she leaned on the barrier of the stairs while Dani just waved her hand at her brother.

"Robin? What are you doing here?" Steve asked raising an eyebrow as he crossed his arms looking at her suspiciously.

"Well.. I left my ring in the store and thought maybe you found it." She said looking back at him doing the exact same voice and mimicking his posture

"You could've just called." He said as he started to look around his pockets taking out the ring and handing it to her

"But I was just walking by, so I decided to knock and ask." Robin said trying to remain confident as if she was being interrogated

"What are you talking about, Robin? You live on the other side of Hawkins!" Steve said and they were about to quarrel as if they were an old married couple before she looked at him with a look that was definitely supposed to mean something but Dani had no idea what that secret meaning was.

"Alright, try calling next time." Steve said as he looked over at Robin rolling his eyes as Dani watched the two being slightly confused at their whole interaction.

"It's fine, Steve, we talked a bit and Robin can come by anytime and be my guest." Dani finally said looking over at both of them and giving them a smile

Robin's face immediately lit up as well returning the bright smile to Dani and then turning to Steve "You see, dingus, Elle doesn't mind me being here." She said confidently

"Yeah yeah, I'm sure you came all the way here just to spend some more time in my company." Steve said brushing his hand through his hair making Robin laugh

"Sure, loser, as if I hadn't had enough of you at work already." She said and then looked at the both of them "I'll get going, see you guys!" She said as she waved and started to walk out the door

"Come by soon! We need to finish listening to the Whitney Houston album!" Danielle screamed after Robin waving back at her and closing the door behind her

She leaned onto the door looking back at Steve, who stood there with his mouth wide open in shock "YOU MADE ROBIN BUCKLEY LISTEN TO WHITNEY HOUSTON?"

Danielle looked at him confused "Yeah?" She asked raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms "Is there something wrong with that?"

"Robin hates pop." Steve said making Dani's mouth drop and she felt the embarrassment getting to her. "You must've really charmed her if she didn't complain." He said as he started making his way to the kitchen to make some food for himself

Dani just stood there mentally cursing herself for forcing Robin to listen to music she didn't like. But she didn't say anything! And she even pointed out the poster herself! Did she really not complain because she didn't want Dani to be upset? She blushed a bit at the thought thinking about how sweet that was.

But all of that was true. Robin did strongly dislike pop music but she wanted to appeal to Dani. She wanted to get to know her interests and favourite things, which meant she had to listen to some of her favourite artists even if it was pop. And on her way home all Robin could think about was how beautiful Danielle looked dancing so happily to Whitney Houston and how Robin caught her before falling down. Gosh, her eyes were the deepest shade of brown, definitely way darker and more beautiful than her brother's. Why did Steve have to come back home at that moment? She would do anything to stop time and just stay in that moment. She was definitely starting to have a crush on Dani. But Steve never mentioned anything about his sister liking girls. Oh, why was being a woman loving woman so complicated?

"Hey, Steve! Where is your Hawkins High sweater?" Dani yelled as she was already going through her brother's wardrobe.

"Why do you need that information, kid?" Steve yelled back from the kitchen as he was making himself some toast. And well, Steve was 15 minutes older than Dani so he made sure to point that out whenever he could by calling her 'a kid'.

"I'm taking it, you never wear it anyways!" She said moving to the next shelf in the wardrobe and finally finding it "Got it!" She quickly put the sweater on. It was a big knitted green sweater with their school's logo on it. She put a white turtleneck underneath it. She put on her long yellow skirt and a white headband. She had to admit she loved to look preppy, which was total opposite from what Robin wore. But opposites attract, right?

Danielle ran down the stairs quickly went into the kitchen to give her 15-minute-older brother a hug only to have him respond with some upset noises and being called a sweater stealer.

She took the first bus to school and quickly finished her chemistry homework during that short ride. She exited the bus and walked through the corridor smiling at some more familiar faces as she headed towards her destination. The room of the student council. Danielle Harrington was the head of the student council.

a/n:
new chapter!! I hope it was enjoyable!!<3