xiii.

Danielle ended up in the break room of Family Video sitting in a broken chair (Steve once sat on it with too much force and one of the legs was currently at the edge of falling off) and bawling her eyes out. Thankfully, both Robin and Steve were at work at the time so when the two of them saw the state that Dani was in, they immediately tried to console her. And now Robin was sitting in an equally broken chair right beside Danielle and had her arm around her and Steve was crouching down in front of her with a worried expression on his face.

"Why is he like this?" Dani cried while she was trying to wipe the tears off her face. "Is it so bad that I want to help?" She asked looking over at both Robin and Steve.

"No! Definitely not. I'm sure he sees your effort." Robin said and rubbed Dani's arm gently in order to soothe her. "Maybe he just has a lot on his mind and he took it out on you."

Robin was so worried about her. She couldn't stand seeing her cry, it was breaking her heart into millions of pieces. Dani's intentions were so genuine and Robin knew that they were coming from a place of love and she was so mad and upset that Eddie couldn't see it, when it was so clear. If he wasn't Danielle's best friend, she would already be at his trailer and ripping him apart for making her sunshine shed a single tear. But Robin had to stay put and try to cheer Dani up.

"Maybe he just doesn't want you to intervene?" Steve said thinking that he just solved the problem and Robin immediately gave him a killer look that clearly meant 'whose side are you taking right now?'. He immediately reflected on what he just said and added "but even if that's the case, he didn't have to say it so harshly."

At that moment the bell over the door rang signalling that a new customer just entered the store and somebody needed to go back behind the counter. Steve immediately volunteered not wanting to see that terrifying look on Robin's face again after he'd come up with some new consoling words for his sister.

Danielle was still crying and Robin felt so helpless. She just turned more towards Dani and hugged her tightly letting the girl hide her face in Robin's chest and cry all she wanted. Robin rubbed her back lightly and lovingly. "Please don't cry, Elle, it's breaking my heart." She whispered a bit more to herself than to Danielle. Robin could just hold her tightly and place gentle kisses on top of her head hoping that she'll calm down.

And after a few more minutes she did. Danielle slowly started to feel better while holding onto Robin tightly. Maybe she didn't console her with words but just her presence and the warm embrace made her feel like everything was going to be alright after all. She looked up at Robin with her puffy eyes that were full of sadness and asked "What should I do now?"

Robin looked at her and gently put a strand of Dani's her out of her face and smiled at her reassuringly "I think you both should have some time on your own to gather your thoughts and then talk everything out. You were both filled with strong emotions when you confronted each other and it was a very bad combination. I'm sure Eddie still cares about you and doesn't mean what he said, he was just angry." Robin said and Dani nodded in agreement.

"You're right. If we both cool down, we can just talk it out." Danielle said and it sounded as if she was trying to fully convince herself that everything will be okay.

"Now, try to cheer up, okay?" Robin asked worriedly and kissed her on the forehead "You're strong." She added and Dani smiled a little to show her that she was doing a bit better.

"I'm sorry I bothered you at work. I hope you don't get in trouble for keeping me company." Danielle said to Robin as she stood up from the chair and Robin did so as well.

"Don't worry about that. You can bother me anytime and anywhere." She said giving her a warm smile before hugging her tightly again "Go back home and relax a bit. Read a book or rent a movie." Robin said as they walked out of the break room and she gestured towards the shelves full of DVDs.

"Hmmmm... okay, but only if you find somebody who is interested in watching a movie with me." Danielle said starting to slowly get back to more of her silly mood as she pretended to think about somebody who'd join her during her movie night. "Well, maybe Steve can watch something with me after he comes back from his date."

"I think I have a volunteer that would really enjoy a movie with you." Robin said playing along "I'm absolutely sure they'll be way more fun to watch a movie with than dingus." She said and chuckled a little at Steve looking back at her when he heard the word 'dingus'. "They'll meet you at your house at 9 pm." Robin said with a smile and Dani nodded.

"Okay, I'll be very happy to see you then." Danielle said giving Robin a small peck on the lips before she was on her way out of Family Video.

"Hey! I never said I was the volunteer!" Robin added making Dani laugh as she exited the store feeling much better than before.

a/n:
another chapter coming right up! did you enjoy it? I hope there are still some people who are looking forward to new chapters after my long break<3 I appreciate every single one of you who have been patient with me and hope to bring you some joy with my writing