Chapter 20 - Under the Calanmai Moonlight

It was as if the pain of the past two years, the frustration of the last month, her failure to seduce her mate, the visions, the river, the clash on the marble... it was as if it was all bearing down on her, overwhelming her mind, casting away any rationality, leaving only emotion in its wake.

Elain's thoughts and feelings thrashed before her, circling around in indecision before latching with finality on his request. The request which was burning a hole straight through heart: "I want you to come on my tongue."

She shivered as the last bits of hesitation all but vacated her body.

Tonight was Calanmai.

And tonight, Elain Archeron decided that she was going to be gods-damned selfish.

She was not going to play by the rules. She had a lifetime of playing by the rules waiting for her, and right now, in this moment, she had only Azriel on her mind.

The desire wracked Elain's body again as she watched him stride toward her. He was so tall, his muscled legs so perfect, his wings so beautiful. Breathtakingly beautiful. Gasping, Elain gazed at him as he closed in on her, reaching toward her face, his hazel eyes trained on her lips, angling her face and drawing her mouth to his, as he breathed a single word.

"Okay."

Azriel kissed her top lip, and she felt herself dissolve into pure carnal desire.

He traced her mouth, parting her lips as he plunged his hands into her dried hair, pulling her face closer with both his hands. She moaned softly, the fire within her body burning, matching him kiss for kiss, her tongue greedily slipping into his mouth, his taste lighting her senses alive as she lowered her hands, unable to stop herself, dragging them down his chest, across his muscles and a light layer of curled hair cresting his skin before she wound them around his abdomen, clasping them behind his back.

They kissed like that for a while, slowly and passionately, the dark moon of Calanmai pouring through the arched opening of the palace until the arousal between her thighs had her nearly begging for relief, her body dripping with the need for his forbidden lips. She moaned quietly as Azriel released his mouth from hers, slowly kissing the length of her jaw, up toward the corner of her eye, and then down her neck.

And she felt him take a step into her, forcing her back slightly, before he repeated the movement, step by step kissing her neck, her chin, her chest until he had backed her into the cool marble wall of her bedroom.

Elain's eyes flew open on impact, and she raised them toward Azriel's, her mouth parting, wet and swollen, her breath hitching as he trailed his hands along her arms, circling her wrists. She nodded slowly as he suddenly pulled her wrists above her head, holding her hands to the wall with a single grasp as he dragged his other hand down the length of her back, squeezing her ass before pulling her thigh to his hip, hoisting her toward his hard cock, sealing her mouth with his, only the wisps of clothing separating their bodies as it had been in the alcove.

She yelped, breathing heavy and breaking away from his kiss as he ground into her, releasing his own rough moan into the quiet of the moonlight.

"Elain. Ugh." Azriel breathed the words into her ear, and she nearly climaxed from the sound of his low voice alone, from the sheer beauty of his words. "You're perfect."

Pausing briefly, Azriel released her wrists, and with his hand he gently turned her face toward his, staring deeply into her eyes, still grasping her thigh to his hip. It was as if they were the only fae to ever exist in the history of Prythian as she stared into those hazel eyes, his dark lashes lining them perfectly. Her chest was heaving, nipples tingling, her sex positively pulsing with need, as Azriel's gaze dropped down to the space between them, his cock straining against her.