Loki x reader Part 2

@sorakoi

Previously

Slowly your eyes start to droop and your hand slips from the glass. The last thing you hear is Loki screaming your name in despair.

Now

A lot has happened since you passed out in front of Loki. New York city is destroyed along with some parts of Stark Tower. You stand beside Thor to his left while he and Loki hold the Teseract to take you all home. Thor is forcing you home so you can properly recover.

He didn't know how serious you and Loki had been so many years ago before your banishment. An image of your son flashes before your (e/c) eyes. Your eyes starts to tear up. Looking towards Loki you catch his gaze. He looks at you with sorrow filled eyes as he notices a tear escape your right eye.

'It hurts to breathe, but it hurts to love you more.' You think and break eye contact with Loki. Turning your attention to Thor you let out a sigh and gently touch his bicep.

"Thor, let us go." Your voice is barely a whisper but he seems to hear you nonetheless. It doesn't take long before you start to feel the stretching and pulling sensation of the bifrost. You stumble slightly as you make your way out of the bifrost. An overwhelming sensation over takes you as you look around. So many years have gone by since you have been to your home land. The world of your origin.

The three of you are greeted by a small assembly of guards. They march forward and they grab you and Loki forcefully and they start to push you both to the throne room where Odin awaits. Thor trails behind quietly, knowing that if he intervenes he could make the situation worse.

The guards open the doors to the golden throne room. They push you and Loki in together, side by side. Loki glares at Odin while you get down on one knee as a sign of respect. Your gaze travels over towards Frigga and she looks torn as she watches Loki with such sadness, as she has finally witnessed that man that Loki has always been and will always be.

"Loki Laufeyson, your punishment; for allowing the Frost Giants to Asgard, for treason against the king, for trying to destroy one nation and take over another, causing unnecessary casualties. You will not be able to tell lies, you will serve your punishment in a high voltage cell residing with all other dangerous criminals and you will serve this for all time or until you die. Take him away." Odin said with the wave of his hand.

Loki goes to say something but the muzzle prevents him from making a sound. You turn your head away from the scene of Loki being dragged out of the throne room. Odin then turns his attention towards you while you kneel before him.

"And you (y/n) daughter of Torruk dare show your presence here after the treason you committed and your punishment was banishment to Midgard."

"Father, I brought her back with me forcefully, she has not been the same since a certain event that destroyed her emotionally, I believe she will be good for Loki." Thor said, stepping up and kneeling beside you facing Odin.

"Do you believe it to be wise for me to trust your judgement, Thor Odinson?" Odin said while standing from his throne and slowly descending the few stairs.

You focus on your breathing, trying to keep it even as you watch Odin and Thor decide your fate.

"I trust his judgement, after all, why should we doubt our sons' judgement, if he is to be king one day?" Frigga announces loudly while stepping down and standing next to her husband and she gently places her hand on his arm, "I think Loki and (y/n) will be good for each other, my love." Odin looks to his wife and sees the pleading look in her eyes, with a sigh he turns his attention to Thor then looks at you.

"The decision is yours Thor."

Thor stands up and walks over to his father and places a hand on his shoulder.

"I stand by with what I have said, take (y/n) and place her in the same room as Loki, they will work out their differences and hopefully change each other." Thor looks behind himself and his gaze meets yours. Your fists clench in anger.

"Guards, take her to Loki's cell."

"You can't do this, I have done nothing wrong!" You scream at Odin and Thor as you are pulled to your feet. You start to struggle against the guards but the force you out of the room. They bind your hands together and they continue to drag you to Loki. You kick and shove the guards, trying to remove their tight grip from your arms but it doesn't succeed.

It doesn't take long for you to reach Loki's cell. They lower the voltage of the prison you will share with him and they push you through. You gasp in pain as your body makes contact with the field and as you are pushed through forcefully. You land on your knees, your head bent down in defeat.

'What could I have done to deserve this treatment. It was not even my fault that Thor got us all into trouble. I wish that I had not defended his insufferable arse.'

You are brought out of your pity party when a cool hand takes hold of your chin and lifts up your gaze. You stare directly in Loki's smouldering eyes. It has been so long since you have stared into his green eyes.

He unties your wrists and slowly brings them up to his lips. He kisses them gently, being aware of the rope burn. His eyes never leave yours and that makes the moment so very intimate.

"What has happened to us Loki? We were never so estranged." You said, slightly leaning closer to him.

"Laiden's death is what happened to us, my love. When he died it tore us apart, until you were depressed and I had cut myself off from the world."

"You would think that with his heritage he would have been able to withstand the cold." You said while resting your head on Loki's shoulder, trying to stifle a sob.

"Hush my love, I know. We can now heal from the past, now that we are together at last." He said into your hair while he wrapped his arms around you.

"Maybe one day we can move on and be happy and try again." You mumble against his neck. Loki starts to chuckle.

"Yes we most definitely can, my sweet (y/n), we certainly can." Loki kisses you on the forehead and you close your eyes in bliss. Maybe Thor's idea wasn't so bad after all.