Avengers x Child Reader

dillestoneheart

"Dad please can we talk about something other than your obsession with Captain America?" You ask Phil while swinging around on his chair in his plain and small office. For a 20 year old women you have the tendency to act like a small child.

"(Y/n), I can finally get my vintage cards signed."

"Dad stop, your starting to creep me out. You were watching him while he was sleeping. I think he's hot but even I didn't do that." You said with your arms folded over your chest. You watch as your dad stands up from his seat on the other side of the small room. You listen as your dads pager starts to go off. He pulls it out of his coat pocket before slipping it back in.

"I have to go (y/n), it seems that Agent Romanoff is interrogating Loki." At his comment your interest has peaked.

"Loki? As in Loki, God of Mischief and Lies? Loki son of Laufey, stolen from Jötunheimr?" You ask, almost leaning out of the chair. He walks to the door and opens it.

"Don't even think about it (y/n). I don't want you anywhere near Loki, alright?"

With a sigh you slouch in the chair.

"Sure dad whatever you say."

With the shake of your fathers head he walks out of the door and and closes it behind him. You wait a few minutes before getting out of your dads chair and rushing to the door. You were going to meet your favourite Norse God, and nothing was going to stop you.

It didn't take long to wind through the hallways to where you know they were keeping Loki prisoner after the crime and terror he created in Germany. You walk through the doorway and up the ramp, never taking your (e/c) eyes away from the figure standing with his back facing you.

It isn't long before your excitement bubbles up inside you.

"Loki." You whisper as you stand a few feet away from the glass prison. He doesn't reply and he either didn't hear you or he has decided to ignore you. You're about to say more but he starts talking.

"What is it you want, mortal?" His voice is cold and it sends unpleasant shivers down your spine.

"I want to hear your adventures." Your tone is just as cold and unpleasant. This was the beginning of a friendship between you and the God of Mischief and Lies.

Although it didn't take long for that friendship to crumble like the earth during a quake, destroying everything in it's path and leaving damage that takes years to repair.

"Thor, what are you doing here?" You ask him while glancing at Loki.

"I would ask you the same thing, Lady (y/n), but I'm rather busy." And it's only a matter of seconds before everything escalates into madness. Thor is trapped, Loki is free and you are trapped behind an invisible wall produced by Loki's magic. From the corner of your eye you spot your dad walking in with one of the new specialised weapons as Loki moves towards the control panel.

"Move away, please." You watch as Loki moves away from the switch, "You like this? We started working on the prototype after you sent THE DESTROYER. Even I don't know what it does. Do you wanna find out?" A loud gasp echoes in your ears as you watch your dad become impaled through the heart by the real Loki standing behind your father.

"Nooo!" You and Thor both scream/yell at the same time as you pound your fists against the invisible wall, "I curse the day you were born and shown mercy!" You scream at him, grief welling up inside you. You stand there helplessly as Loki send your father against the wall. Your focus is on your father as you watch him slump down, his breathing fast. Your thoughts solely focused on him and not what's happening between Thor and Loki behind you.

"You're gonna lose." You barely hear your father whisper. Loki turns around and faces Phil.

"Am I?"

"It's in your nature." Your father wheezes.

"Your heroes are scattered, your floating fortress falls from the sky...where is my disadvantage?"

"You lack conviction." A hard look passes through your fathers eyes.

"I don't think I..." Loki starts but he doesn't get the chance to finish his sentence as you dad shoots Loki with his Phase 2 Weapon prototype, causing Loki to be blown through the wall behind him.

"So that's what it does." The weapon clutters to the ground from your fathers weak grasp. It doesn't take long before Fury runs in finding Agent Coulson still alive, barely and he kneels down beside him.

"Sorry, boss. They got rabbited."

"Just stay awake. EYES ON ME!" Replies Fury while shooting you a quick glance.

"No. I'm clocked out here."

"Not an option. You have a daughter to protect."

"It's okay, boss. I trust my daughter in your care. This was never going to work... if they didn't have something... to..." Your father looks away and sighs his last breath, you watch his eyes glaze over to a misty haze. Nick Fury looks on grimly at Coulson. You sit on the floor and watch as your father dies right before your eyes. You didn't notice when the medics removed your fathers body from your sight, nor did you notice when Fury communicated through his ear piece.

It felt like a lifetime before someone came into your view. You lift your head up, your face blank and your eyes unseeing. Someone pulls you to your feet forcefully and crushes you to their warm chest. Your breathe in their familiar aroma and finally you cry as you let the sobs shake your body. You wrap you arms around the person you recognise to be Steve and you bur your head into his upper torso.

"You're alright." Steve whispers into your hair while rubbing circles gently into your lower back with his thumb.

"No, I'm not. I have no one." You sob pitifully.

"I'm with you (y/n), till the end of the line."