Bucky x Reader

You wipe the tears away from your blotchy face with the sleeve of your shirt.

"I can't do this anymore Bucky, I just can't." You tell him while running your hands through your already dishevelled hair.

"(Y/n), please." Bucky begs you but you won't hear it.

"No! This relationship is unhealthy! I love you so much it hurts but this," you said, gesturing between the two of you, "What we have is tearing me apart and I just can't deal with it anymore." You cry, trying to get Bucky to see reason. The constant threat of organisations trying to kill you and Bucky has finally worn you down.

He grabs you by the shoulders and shakes you slightly.

"We love each other, isn't that enough?" He tries to persuade you but you're too stubborn to see where he is coming from. All you can think about is the pain from the relationship. 

You grab his hands and remove them from your shoulders roughly while sending him a small glare, trying to tell him that you serious.

"Not anymore Bucky. I'm finished, were over." You silently cry as you step away from your now ex boyfriend, you watch as his shoulders sag and his face falls.

"Goodbye Bucky." You whisper as you walk away from him towards the front door for the first and hopefully the last time.

"I'm sorry." He barely whispers, but you stop walking when you feel a sharp pain resonating through your body, starting from your chest. You let out a surprised gasp, as the pain hasn't settled in yet. You raise your hands up to cover your wound and they are quickly being covered in blood. You turn your head to face Bucky and your raw emotions are on your face. What's most visible is the sadness.

You cry out in pain as you drop to your knees. You vaguely hear something clatter to the floor but your mind doesn't process it. You're only focused on the pain, that strings around your body. Strong arms wrap themselves around your quivering frame, trying to steady you.

Bucky pulls you against his chest as you start to painfully gasp for air as small amounts of blood pour from your mouth and nose. Tinting your white teeth and face red. He raises his hand and smooths your hair away from your face in an affectionate motion.

"I'm sorry but I couldn't let you leave me. I love you too much to see you walk away." He whispers while pressing a hard kiss against your sweaty forehead. You stare into his blue eyes with a look of betrayal that he would kill you. Your body begins to spasm as your heart gives out. Your eyes force themselves closed.

Bucky's tears fall onto your ashen face as he retrieves his gun and places it at his temple, before pulling the trigger. He collapses on top of you and the position looks as though he is shielding you from harm.

This was how Steve Rogers found his two best friends the next morning.