Bruce Banner x Reader

@LawlsBae @FireballFanatic @Attisen

"Bruce will you stop pacing please? You're giving me a bloody headache." You mutter while rubbing your temples, trying to soothe the ache. With a gentle sigh you lean back into your black roller chair.

Bruce stops pacing to turn and look at you while sighing.

"I'm sorry (y/n), I'm just slightly nervous." He said while running a hand through his already messy brown hair. You chuckle at his adorable nervous habit.

"I know you are Bruce, and I still can't believe Tash managed to get you to go on a date." You said with a slightly forced smile. You were slightly peeved at Natasha for convincing Bruce to go on a date, considering you have been in love with him for a few years now.

"I still don't know why I agreed to go. I can easily have an episode." Bruce said while starting to pace again. Your eyes roam over his attire, admiring his looks while dressed in a dark blue buttoned up silk shirt with charcoal grey dress pants.

"Bruce, you have control over the hulk, just remember that he is you, and that he's not the enemy."

"You make it sound so easy." He sighs while continuing to pace. With a shake of your head you stand up and grab his matching charcoal grey jacket.

"You're going to be late." Your voice is soft and a little sorrowful but you pray that he doesn't notice. You hand him his jacket and he sends you a small smile.

"See you in the lab tomorrow, (y/n)." He calls out over his shoulder as he opens the door of the lab. You wave weakly in reply as he closes the door behind himself. You drop your head into your hands in regret.

"You know (y/n), if you don't want Bruce to go out on all these blind dates set up by Natasha, all you have to do is tell him your feelings." You jump in your seat at hearing the voice of Tony Stark. Running your fingers through your hair you send Tony a small glare.

"It's not polite to sneak up on people Tony."

"I wasn't sneaking, you just weren't paying attention, and may I add, this is also my lab." He said while leaning against the door way his arms crossed over his chest.

"How can I ever forget when all you do is remind me that everything in this room, or should I say building belongs to you."

"That's the spirit! Now let's go grab a drink!" With a groan you get up from the chair and walk towards the door. You didn't normally drink because you're a depressed drunk.

"Yes, a drink does sound good. Whisky on the rocks, make that a double." You mutter to yourself but you're sure that Tony heard by the sound of his laughter.

*****

You and Tony spent the whole night in the bar drinking away and when you were both kicked out the heavy drinking continued in the premises of the lab. When mid morning came around you and Tony were rotten drunk. You both couldn't even form a comprehensive sentence.

"I... Don't unstand." You cry into your drink. Tony lifts his head up off the table to look at you.

"Neither." He grumbles before resting his head against the table again.

"I wove him!" You cry at Tony while slamming your drink onto the table, trying to get the billionaires attention.

"Me too." Tony groans back at you, but those two words stop you from talking completely. You stare at Tony with a glare till he looks at you again.

"(Y/n)?" A voice calls your name and you assume it's Tony in your drunken state as your vision is blurred.

"You can't wove Bruce, cause I wove him!!" You yell at Tony while abruptly standing up and knocking your chair over onto the floor.

"(Y/n)?" The voice calls again and you just notice that it wasn't Tony. You turn around tying to find the owner of the voice only to stare directly at Bruce who is standing beside the lab door.

"Oh." You slightly mutter and start to move towards Bruce, unfortunately the alcohol chose this time to make it's way into your system properly, sending you flying to the floor in unconsciousness.

*******

As you start to wake up your eyes ache painfully behind your eyelids. A headache makes itself known to you as well. With a groan you roll onto your side, trying to ignore the pain. Maybe drinking till mid morning wasn't such a good idea after all. You slowly sit up and you notice a cup of tea on your left bedside table.

You swing your legs over your bed and you shiver as they touch the cold floor. You stand up only to regret your decision as a wave of nausea overcomes you. With a hand over your mouth you run towards the bathroom and lean over the toilet, spilling the rest of the alcohol in your system into the bowl.

You shakily drop down onto your knees as the vomiting continues. Your body shakes as you stop and you inhale deeply through your nose. Trying to calm the churning of your stomach.

With a lurch your leaning over the toilet bowl again. A hand gently rests on your back and you jump at the sudden touch. The hand soothingly rubs small circles into your back. You turn your head ever so slightly to see Bruce kneeling beside you. With one last shiver of your body you stop vomiting.

Leaning against Bruce you sit there for a bit before he helps you up to the sink to rinse your mouth out. Turning on the tap with shaky hands your cup them under the faucet to catch the water. Bringing your hands up to your mouth you take in the water and swish it around before spitting it out.

Repeating this a few times you eventually turn the water off. Gently, Bruce wraps his arm around your shoulders and helps you to your bed. Gently you sit on the edge of your bed and Bruce grabs the tea for you.

Handing the tea over to you, you bring the cup up to your Louth and take a sip. The warm honey flavoured drink smoothly slides down your throat. You sigh in contentment. Lowering the cup you look towards Bruce and smile gently.

"How much did you hear?" You ask softly. Bruce sighs and runs his hands through his hair.

"I heard enough. Why did you never tell me?"

"You're kidding right? You never showed any interest in me Bruce. You're constantly going on all of these blind dates, so I figured you wouldn't be interested." You said with the shrug of your shoulders.

"You might be smart (y/n) but you can be incredibly stupid at times."

"What-" You're cut off as Bruce grabs a hold of your chin and leans down and softly presses his slightly cracked lips against yours. Your eyes flutter closed at the soft sensation. If this happened every time you woke up sick and hung over, you would do it again and again just to feel Bruce's lips against yours. Slowly, he pulls away and stares into your (e/c) eyes.

"Would you care to join me for breakfast tomorrow?"

"I would love that." You whisper against his lips and kiss him again.