Clint Barton x Reader

"Clint stop." You growl at him as he pokes you, trying to unsteady you so your aim is off. Adjusting your grip on your gun you stare at your target, a life size poster of Fury. As you're about to shoot you feel a slight poke in your lower back. Firing the gun you turn around and glare at Clint.

"I told you to stop." You said with a cold look, your eyes glancing over to the rest of the avengers and you notice them trying not to laugh. You send a glare their way and they shut up, except for Tasha. Before she was recruited to S.H.I.E.L.D you had completed a few missions with her and you were the scarier of the two.

"I couldn't help myself, you're just so squishy." Turning back to the target you smirk when you notice that you have hit right between Fury's eyes. Slowly what Clint said starts to register in your head. He basically called you fat. Pulling out the water works you force yourself to cry.

Taking in a few hiccuped breaths you make your shoulders look as though you are sobbing.

"(Y/n)?" Clint asks while placing his hand on your shoulder. You shrug it off and slowly turn around. Your (e/c) eyes have filled with tears and a few have fallen down, leaving a trail on your naturally rosy cheeks. Your eyes vaguely scan over to Natasha and she gives you a slight smirk.

"I...can't believe you would say that to me." You said, your eyes widening and your bottom lip quivering, "I thought you cared about me, but you're just like everybody else." You continue, your eyes gazing straight into his, your voice a 'broken' whisper. You smirk internally as Clint becomes nervous and starts to shuffle on the spot.

"It's not like that babe." He said and pulls you into a hug. You grin evilly at Tasha and she gives you a nod, signalling the go ahead.

"I suppose it's a good thing that I didn't tell you that I'm going out on another mission and I might not come back." His arms tighten around you as you had said, 'might not come back'.

"What do mean, 'might not come back'? How dangerous is the mission and who do you have to kill?..." He starts to ramble on and you interrupt him.

"Well the mission is quite simple really." You breathe into his ear gently, "I'm going home, and into my room and into my bed, as for who I have to 'kill', that's up to you." You said with a smirk and pulled away from Clint and walk over to your car.

"I've got to go guys, I'll see you later!" You yell over your shoulder, "Clint are you coming or what?" You ask, the smirk still evident on your face. He turns to face you, his mouth opening and closes but no sounds are forming. You raise an eyebrow at him and beckon him over with the slight curve of your finger.

He shakes his head and starts to approach you at a quick pace. This afternoon was going to be great, after all you were spending it with your husband. As you both get into the car you lean over and kiss him on the cheek.

"I love you." You whisper and a boyish grin covers his face. You shake your head at his antics and you start the car and put it into drive, yes, life is good.