Natasha x Reader Part 2

@yrenelightwood-bane

***RECAP***

***much time later, Endgame***

Thor approaches Natasha with a hard look in his eyes.

"(Y/n) said, she's saving you a seat in Valhalla. She loved you more than life itself, do not despair as you will meet again." Thor claps Natasha on the shoulder and walks away. The death of his family has made him an unforgivable man.

She bites her lip and let's out a sigh through her nose. Happy endings were not meant for this life, but hopefully in the next.

"I will be with you soon, my love."

***Present Time***

You sat down at one of the many long tables in the hall of Valhalla, the walls built upon spears and the roof by shields from fallen warriors of centuries past.

A plate of freshly cooked boar is handed to you and you gratefully accept it. Your cup is filled with mead, the sweet taste reminded you of honey. You turn to thank whoever gave you the mead and the food but you stop. Your father gazed down at you with a soft smile.

"My daughter I am sorry." He placed his hand on your shoulder. "If I had left you to go to Midguard when you so wished you would not be in Valhalla with myself, your mother and your brother."

"Although I don't understand your will I do forgive. I just hope that Natasha is happy, wherever she is." You said with a sigh and a slight smile, although sad.

Your father chuckled and shook his head.

"My dear I might be old but I am wise, not senile." And with that sentence he walked away, leaving you confused and bewildered. With a shake of your head you go back to eating.

The chair beside you dragged along the ground as it was pulled out from the table.

"Is this seat taken?" A feminine voice asked. You shake your head and wave for them to go ahead. You take another drink as the voice is repeated over in your head. With a slight shake in your hand you put the cup on the table. You glanced to your father and wait for him to respond. The nod of his head was all you needed.

Your eyes teared up and you turn your head to the left. Sobbing, that was all you could do as you gazed at the love of your life. Your hand reached out to cup their cheek and you know if wasn't an illusion, she was there, in front of you. Without hesitation you wrapped her in your arms.

"I thought I would never see you again and I'm sorry I wasn't there for you in your last moments." You sobbed into Natasha's shoulder. You felt her hand stroke your hair lovingly.

"It was a sacrifice and I would make it again in a heartbeat." She whispered into your ear. You lift your head from her shoulder and kiss her lovingly.

"I love you." You said with a watery smile.

"I love you too." She said and matched your watery smile.

Yes, the halls of Valhalla were for the fallen hero's, you couldn't thank your father enough for his wisdom. You will now spend all eternity with the one you love.