(AOU) Pietro x Reader

You sit next to Pietro in the lounge room with the rest of the avengers, trying to figure out a way to defeat Ultron.

"(Y/n)," Tony says looking directly at you, "You can easily solve this mess by reversing time!" He finishes his sentence while waiting for you to reply.

"With all due respect Tony, I don't think you understand when I say I'm a low level mutant. It means that my powers are incredibly weak and I'm only able to reverse time back 60 seconds when I'm at my best. I'm sorry." You said before getting up from the couch and heading to your bedroom you shared with Pietro. You couldn't ignore the gut feeling you had that everything was going to get worse before it gets better.

*Time Skip Brought To You By Agents Of Shield*

The fight seems to have gone on for days but in reality it's only been a few hours. You are mentally and physically exhausted as you use your abilities to avoid death by Ultrons robotic army. You are startled out of your thoughts as you hear Wanda screaming.

You turn around, looking for the source of her screams. Your breathing falters as you gaze upon Pietros' fallen and bloody body. Your run towards Pietro and you collapse beside him and pull him into your arms. You cradle him against you as you look down at his pale face.

"I love you Pietro, so damn much and it hurts." You cry out as sobs shake your body. You let out a loud scream of anguish and a gold mist start erupt from your body as your powers to start to reverse the events of the day. You continue to cry and wish that he was still alive. You finally notice the gold mist and you watch as everything changes around you.  

You sit there while pietro disappears from your embrace and you watch the days events happen in reverse. The gold mist continues to expand from your body, you look towards Wanda with tears I your eyes and you see she has protected herself from the gold mist wih her powers but it's to no avail a your power consumes everything in its path. 

A loud chime from the sound of a clock is heard in the far distance then everything resumes and your world goes black.

******

You wake up with a jerk to notice that you are still where the battle with Ultron took place. You look around and it seems as though the battle never happened. Yu frown in confusion as you don't know how far back your powers enabled you to change time. You slowly get up and make your way to Stark Tower.

You notice people walking around the streets like nothing has happened. You look down at your appearance and you are dirty and covered in Pietros' blood. Just thinking of Pietro makes your (e/c) eyes well up with tears.

You walk into your shared room in the tower with tears in your eyes as even though your powers may have saved Pietro, you don't know how far back your powers went in time, so maybe Pietro hasn't even met you yet, and this thought breaks your heart. To know that the man you love has never met, and you will most likely never meet you, as you will stop Tony from creating Ultron.

You open the door to your bedroom only to stop in your bedroom door way as you see Pietro lying in your bed. You can't bring yourself to move or say anything in case your mind is playing tricks on you. You watch with shaky hands as Pietro opens his eyes and turns his head to look at you.

"What are you doing at the door (y/n)?" Pietro asks casually, as though the events of Ultron haven't occurred, but for you they have and they are still fresh in your mind, "(Y/n)?" Pietro asks worriedly as you don't reply to his first question.

"Pietro?" You ask, not quite believing that he is here. Pietro gets up from the be as he notices your shaking. He slowly approaches you.

"Yea, its me. What happened? Your covered in blood." He said while embracing you.

"It's your blood." You shakily whisper as the events of Pietros death flash in your mind. You start to cry and you lean against Pietro for support. Pietro starts to freak out as you don't respond to anything he says.

He calls for Wanda in a panicked voice as he can't get you to respond. It's not too long before Wanda comes rushing in and sees your blank face but with tears streaming down. Pietro begs Wanda to help you as he kneels on the ground with you in his strong arms.

Wanda kneels down beside him and presses her hands against you head, letting herself into your mind to try and ease the troubled thoughts. Wanda staggers back in shock as she sees into your mind as she witnesses the battle of Ultron and her beloved brother Pietro dying. She turns and looks at Pietro.

"I have eased her troubled mind, but she will need time and your constant support for her to get better." Wanda warns Pietro sternly before taking one last glance at you before walking out of the room and closing the door behind her. Pietro grabs your face in his hands and he wipes away your tears.

"(Y/n), I need you to listen to my voice. You are here with me and we are both safe. I don't think I've had the chance to tell you how much I love you. How I love the way you laugh at my dumb jokes and the way you tolerate my stupidity. I love you with every fibre of my being." He whisper into your hair while pressing a kiss against your forehead. You focus on the Pietro in front of you and not the memory of him dying.

"I know," You whisper faintly, "I've always known of your love  towards me." You said with a soft smile gracing your features. Pietro smiles happily at you and brings his arms around you in a tight bear hug. Things will get better with time.