Bruce Banner x Reader Part 1

You were one of the few top Agents at S.H.I.E.L.D, your clearance was higher then Maria Hills. In saying that, you had also been alive 70 years more than Agent Hill. You were one of the first S.H.I.E.L.D agents back in the 1920's, before WWII but after WWI. You are S.H.I.E.L.D.

You age at a slow rate, why? Bruce Banner seems to think that it has something to do with your chromosomes and the x gene, which would explain why you have been 21 for decades, or something like that, you weren't really interested when he started talking science. It all sounded like white noise.

Out of all the Avengers you've only met and spoken to Bruce, as far as you can see he would be he only one you could tolerate. Although your high tolerance for him might just be because your heart races in excitement each time you see him or hear his voice.

You have read the files of the other 'Avengers' and you weren't impressed to say the least. Although no doubt with Tony Stark you would expand his body from the inside out if he grated on your nerves.

Running through various halls in S.H.I.E.L.D you come to a sudden stop outside Fury's office. Without knocking you barge in.

"Agent (y/l/n), it's common courtesy to knock before entering." He said with a raised eyebrow.

"Tell that to Iron Man and Captain America fighting through S.H.I.E.L.D!"

"Well what are you doing here?" He asked while raising his thick and dark eyebrow, "You have the ability to separate them both, Agent (y/l/n)."

"You're not supposed to use my abilities for your own gain, Fury. Let's hope for your sake I don't kill them." You said while running back out of his office. You personally hated the idea of the Avengers but you didn't dare argue with Fury in the past, but now was a different story.

They weren't making the planet safer, they were making all situations worse. They had a lack of tact and they acted on impulses, including the assassins. They were like children in a playground. Running down the hallway you pass Bruce's lab and he looks up and smiles at you. You falter slightly and hesitantly wave at him before taking off again.

Racing around the corner you open a special access door and you sprint down the stairs. Opening a door to your right you step out into a large open space. You stop in shock at the sight before you. The place was a mess. Objects were scattered all over the place, dents from Steve's shield and scorch marks from Tony.

"What the hell is going on here?!" You shout at the pair of them. Steve falters for a moment and looks at you.

"Sorting through our problems sweet cheeks!" Tony yells back with a smirk. You glare at the pair of them and direct your left hand to Steve and your right to Tony. Focusing you flick your wrists and both men are pushed back by a light blue coloured force field.

"Don't waste my time by being arrogant and spoiled children. Your problems are nothing." You his venomously at them both. In your short burst of anger your force fields roughly push both men into the wall with a bang in a matter of seconds. Your force fields start to crush their bodies painfully to the wall, but you can't stop.

You try to focus on letting them go but your anger overpowers your rational side. You slowly start to turn invisible, your clothes starting to fade along with you. The most dangerous thing about your ability besides your shields would be the invisibility.

If you go so far in your power it's able to not only turn you invisible but you are able to through physical molecular structures. Which if you lose control and walk through you physical molecular structure you can kill yourself. A loud bang and a roar distract you, and you unintentionally release Tony and Steve. One name enters your mind, Bruce.

"Agent (y/l/n), we need you immediately to restrain the Hulk on the lab floor." Fury yells into the mic in your ear.

"Right away, Director." Was your immediate reply. Without a second glance at the duo, you run back the way you came. Forcing the door open, you immediately cover your nose at the stench of the chemical fumes.

Your run toward the screams of men and the sound of guns. You duck low while running, trying to dodge the flying objects. You come to a stop beside Fury, who is less than 30 meters away from the Hulk.

"I'm glad you finally decided to grace me with your presence Agent (y/l/n)."

"Cut the crap Director, what do you need me to do?"

"I need you to contain the Hulk, using your gifts."

"But Director it's-" He cuts you off with a look. With a sigh you step closer to the Hulk and concentrate on your energy, your elbows by your side and your hands up near your shoulder you push the force field from your body and focus on it wrapping around the Hulk in a two meter radius.

The Hulk notices what you have done and furiously start to smash his fist against the field. The pressure from the Hulk creates a headache and you feel something dripping from your nose which you guess to be blood. The force field starts to waver and you have trouble keeping it up. You look around you, scattered objects and people lie around the room.

Finding the strength within you, you strengthen the shield as much as physically possible. Slowly your feet become invisible and your invisibility works it way up your body. With a roar the Hulk turns and looks at you angrily and starts trying to smash the force field to smithereens with all his might.

This causes your body to shake slightly from the power of his strikes and your lack of energy. Your invisibility creeps past your knees from your thighs to your lower abdomen. The floor around you in a one meter radius starts to disappear. The Hulk continues to roar violently and you make direct eye contact with him.

"Bruce stop. You're killing me." You whisper as blood continues to pour from your nose and you drop onto your knees in pain and tiredness. In his anger at the force field being restrengthened and being told to stop he delivers a fatal blow to the field.

You scream out in pain as the shield releases the Hulk and snaps back into you with a shell shocking force. You fall onto your back with a dull thud and the world around you spins and darkens violently. You feel a light pressure on the side of your face and your head is forced to look in that direction.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Can you hear me!?" You hear Bruce yell out frantically.

"Bruce?" You shakily whisper.

"Yes (y/n), it's me. I'm here, you should have stayed away." He said while stroking your cheek. Bruce starts to pick you up and you start mumbling in protest but he picks you up anyway. His body warmth surrounds you and your breathing becomes heavy and forceful. You shakily curl into him and let the darkness take hold of you.

*********

It's been three years since the incident at S.H.E.I.L.D. You still work there of course but your on call, so you mostly have the day to yourself when you are not with your boyfriend, Bruce. Yes, boyfriend. When the relationship first started it was slightly rocky since Bruce hadn't quite gotten over the fact you nearly died twice from the use of your powers to contain him. Nonetheless life is good.

A loving boyfriend, family and friends. Although you still don't regard Tony as a friend, he's still a pain in your ass and you always put up a shield as he's walking and watch him run into it. You would regard Tony as more of a pick on buddy, a like/hate relationship. With a smile you snuggle closer into bruce's chest while you both lay in bed.

"Why are you smiling now?" He asks while looking down at you, a small smile of his own on his lips.

"Do I have to have a reason to be happy?" You ask while inhaling his strong, musky scent. He wraps his arm around you and presses a kiss to the top of your head.

"I guess not." He sleepily replied, "I love you (y/n)."

"And I love you, with all my heart."