• ~ p r o l o g u e ~ •

Leaves and twigs snapped under my feet as we deepened into the forest. I kept looking back to get an idea of how far we were from my house. My face contorted in confusion because I could not longer see it in the distance. 

Don't panic Blake, I mentally coached myself. 

They knew where they were going - right?  Tall ancient oak trees towered over us with vibrant leaves sprouting from each little branch. I ran my fingertips on the rough bark of the trees.

"Blake, c'mon!" Lea shouted. I fell behind from marveling at the wonders of nature. I never come all the way out here, given I was terrified of even stepping foot into this forest. I jogged to catch up with the rest of the group.

"The creek we were talking about is coming up," Jane smiled ear to ear.  

"Yeah I'm telling you, this place is Tumblr worthy," Lea added. As we neared the creek, I could hear the sound of water flow along with the refreshing scent of fresh water.

"Wow," I whispered. I should've came to this place a long time ago, maybe if I wasn't such a coward.  Water trickled down a wall of various shaped rocks at a steady pace leading into a small pool below.

"Sit," Jane said pleasantly, patting a seat beside her. We all laid back against a thick rugged tree trunk. 

"It helps if you close your eyes and just. . . think," Will recommended. When I closed my eyes, I felt at ease, everything was so zen and peaceful. Like the world had stopped. A calming silence loomed over us. 

It seemed that we were sitting with our eyes closed for a lifetime but it had only been a few minutes.

"You're right this does help," I agreed, breaking the silence. But I received no answer. I was at least expecting somebody to hum in agreement.

"How often do you guys do this?"

No answer.

Only an earful of the creek and the occasional songs of the birds. I opened my eyes and saw that nobody was with me. It's like they all disappeared into thin air.

I was speaking into the air this whole time.

I slowly got up and scan my surroundings. I was completely alone. It took everything in me to keep my nerves from gripping my sanity. I began to walk, my heart beginning to drum against my chest. 

The longer I walked, the farther I strayed from the creek. 

"Guys!" I called out with an unsteady voice. Did they really leave me? They were nowhere to be found. I don't even know where I am either because everything looks the same. 

Just trees and sky.

"Guys this isn't fun-" I was suddenly cut off by my body being harshly yanked back. I tried to scream, but it was immediately muffled with a cloth that was held to my mouth and nose. The foul chemical scent of the cloth shot right up my nostrils.

I struggled to break free of the strong hold, but the person had a death grip around my waist. I felt like all my innards were being displaced. In an instant, everything grew fuzzy and distorted. That's when I - 

____________________

A/N> Hiii! So that's the prologue. Hoped you guys liked it!

I'm currently editing through all my chapters so when you see a ✎ it means that chapter is edited 😀.

Hope you guys enjoy this story!

Votes/Comments are much appreciated! x

- kya h.