• ~ e p i l o g u e ~ •

mini a/n - A nice little song to close off ITTW. It should play too, so you can play it while you read. I think it adds an extra something. Hope you like the ending :)

6 months later . . .

Blake

The camera's clicked and flashed. Fifty different pairs of intent stares only made my nerves grow and my hands - rested on the wooden polished podium - tremble.

Mom, Dad and Blair were seated in chairs off to the side behind me on the platform. When I reminded myself of that, I knew that I could do it. Especially when I found the pair of familiar blue grey eyes.

I closed my eyes. Inhaled. Exhaled.

"My name is Blake Taylor," My voice was steady and confident. "March 30th, I was taken out into the woods behind my house to visit a creek. Curtsy of four kids who attend Arlington High School. Next thing you know, a white cloth is being pressed against my nose with chloroform on it. I was kidnapped. Not taken by a ghost. Not shot in cold blood. I was kidnapped.

By a man named Jace Parker. And you might recall a few years ago, a girl named Annalise Parks that was also kidnapped. Her mother, Kristy Parks was shot in cold blood by the same man. We were both held hostage in the same house stranded in the middle of the woods.

At different times. I found her journal while I was there. I was abused, underfed, unnourished. For six months," It was hard to bite back the tears . . . so I let them roll. Yet, I still kept a firm confident tone.

"But I got out. I survived the woods. I made it home. Even though I gave up so many times, the hope was always there," It would be complicating things to tell them about my encounter with Anna. I needed to keep this simple.

"That's the story. That's the real story. No more rumors. No more getting it twisted. So mark my words. Even though I'm safe and back home, doesn't mean I'm still not going through anything. I am. And I ask that you respect that and my privacy . . . Thank you."

It's been five months since that press conference. I still like to think back. It took a load off my back doing that, as nerve wrecking as it was. Since then, I've gained a sense of respect.

I've gotten a few requests to visit schools and deliver a motivational speech on my hardships and how I overcame them. I like to do it, here and there. But it's not something I want to do for the rest of my life. Still figuring that out.

Since then, Mom, with her growing baby bump has rectified herself. Especially with the baby on the way, she's more family oriented. Oh yeah. By the way, it's a boy.

Blake, Blair . . . and Blythe Alexander Taylor. Good luck with that one Mom and Dad. I laughed to myself when I envisioned the both of them getting tongue tied and calling us the wrong names.

Mom feels that Blythe is her second chance - third chance really - to rightfully fulfill the roll of an affectionate mother. To give Blythe the best childhood memories. Ones I'll never truly have.

But I'm happy that my little brother won't grow up with a rigid mother like Blair and I did. I'm happy to say that the Taylor family is in a pretty stable state now. A functional family. This time, we all have our heads on straight.

I pulled in a parking space at the Riverside apartment complex and turned the engine off. The friendly springy air greeted me as I stepped out of my car, putting my sunglasses on to shield my eyes from the rays of the blinding sun.

I took long strides up the stairs to the second level and skimmed over each number adorned on each door until I found the one I was looking for.

I gave the door a firm knock. No answer. I tried again. No answer.