•33•

Blair

I know the truth.

For six months I've been in the dark. Not having a single clue on what happened to my sister. Thanks to Drew shedding the light on the matter, I know the truth. I know the truth about Lea's little scheme. And you can bet your life savings that I didn't take it so well.

* f l a s h b a c k *

"So then Scarlett told Mrs. Gina to go f herself and she almost cried. Legit cried. It was so funny, it's all over snapchat," I smiled widely as I spoke every word with enthusiasm, followed by a set of a laughs.

"Yeah," Drew lightly laughed. "Funny story," He seemed uninterested.

We sat at the granite topped kitchenette table in the corner of the kitchen, doing our schoolwork as always. I couldn't help but notice how distracted he is today. Distracted by his own thoughts.

He avoids eye contact and zones out whenever I try to talk to him. Twirling his silver band around his finger, a recent habit I noticed he's picked up.

"Drew," I called his name softly. He closed his eyes and turned his head away from me. Almost as if he's pained to hear my voice.

"Drew what's-"

"I can't take this anymore," He stood from his chair.

I frowned. "What are-"

"I need to tell you something," His blue grey eyes held urgency and anxiousness.

"Ok," My heart rate sped up.

Drew ran a hand over his mouth and exhaled. "I know what happened to Blake."

I abruptly shot up from my seat, the legs of my chair screeching against the floors. "What?"

"Just let me explain," His adam's apple bobbled before he spoke again. "It was me, Lea, Jane and William. We were over here and you know that. But we took her out into the woods to show her some creek and we ditched her there. It was a prank. Lea thought it would be funny. We all did to be honest."

"And when we go back to the creek, she was gone. We all panicked. But Lea. Lea was acting real shady. She told us not to say anything about the whole thing. She begged us. Only because. . ."

He paused for a short while and I took a few steps closer.

"Only because she handed Blake over to some man. It was all planned out. To get Blake near the creek where he took her. Lea helped him and she dragged all of us into it. Not only that, but I. . ." He looked guilty. "I pretended to be interested in her too."

My bottom lip quivered and my vision became distorted from my tears pooling at the linings of my eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner," He paced closer to me. "But every time I look at you. . .it's like I see her. When you talk, it reminds me so much of her," He whispered the last part.

"I'm gonna kill'er," I whispered viscously. "I going to kill Le-No I'm gonna kill you!," I shoved him back.

I kept doing so until we were in the foyer, by the entrance of the house. The fact that he let me have power over him made it easier.

"You knew all this time!" I hit at his rock hard chest, my tears running hot on my cheeks. "You son of a-"

"Alright!"Drew took me by both my arms. I tried to wrangle out of his hold, pushing his chest.