•37•

Blair

I hung up the phone and slid it in the back pocket of my black denim jeans, in a daze. I wanted to scream myself wake up from this surreal dream.

But something in me knew this was real. She's alive. Breathing. Standing right across from me. My mouth remained ajar as I took in Blake's worn out image.

Her hair wasn't as tamed as she always kept it. The tank she wore was tinted with dirt. Her jeans were blotched with blood stains with small hole in them. A grey piece of fabric in which her blood started to seep into was tightened around her mid-thigh.

What happened to her?

We stood motionless in our spots for what felt like an eternity.

It seemed as if the same thought went through our minds when we met each other halfway, crashing into a tight embrace.

I felt my eyes instantly surge with tears, a heavy sob immediately following each hot stream. "Oh my god you're alive," I held her tighter, my chin resting on her shoulder.

My words became unfathomable the more intense sobs racked my body. Blake stroked my hair as she hugged me. I didn't even care she was squeezing the life out of me. Her body heaved against me and I heard her muffled sobs.

She pulled away and took me by shoulders gently, and took in my appearance with admiration. "Look at you," She whispered, sweeping a strand of my hair behind my ear. "You've gotten so tall and beautiful," The corners of her eyes glistened with jovial tears and glided down her face . . . with a bright smile.

I let out a mix between a laugh and a sob, cupping my hand over my mouth. When I removed my hand, I said something I thought I'd never get a chance to say. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be," She said softly. With that said, I've realized how much I've missed her. Not holding a grudge after a complete brat I've been. That's her. And I missed that.

"Oh gosh," I wiped away my tears. "I have to call Mom and Dad."

"Right," She nodded her head eagerly, swiping away some of her stale tears as well. I took out my phone and dialed Taylor Enterprises, deciding to call Dad first. My hands trembled from the rush of adrenaline that still occupied my body.

"How can I help you?" As usual, the same women's perky voice came through.

I sniffled, trying to pull myself together. "Uh yeah, I need you to transfer me to Robert Taylor's office please."

"And you are-"

"Blair. Blair Taylor," I said with a sense of pride and sternness.

"Oh. Yes Ms. Blair," She said obediently. I waited impatiently for Dad's familiar voice to give me ease. But instead, it was that same irritating women. "I'm sorry Ms. Blair, but your father is in a meeting right now. Leave a message?"

I stomped my foot angrily. "Well get him out of it!"

Blake spun from a photo of my parents she was admiring near by. A smile spread on to her face as she shook her head.

"But Ms. we-"

"You know what fine. Leave him a message. Send someone in there and tell him that his daughter is alive," I said powerfully, ending the call.

"I'll just call Mom, she's out running errands anyway," My thumbs couldn't move fast enough to find her contact.

"She's not at work?" Blake questioned.

Both my thumbs stopped scrambling and hovered over my screen. I looked up to meet her perplexed look with furrowed brows. "Long story."

She didn't seem satisfied with my answer but nodded anyway, walking toward the kitchen. I brung my phone to my ear, waiting for the tedious ringing to cease.