•25•

Blake

My soaking wet body felt heavy and weighed down as I stood on my feet. The sky was a beautiful blue with occasional wisps of clouds. I leaned up against a tree trunk near by, and took in my new surroundings. 

All of it looked so unfamiliar. 

But I knew I had to be prepared for this. The obstacles that hid within these mysterious woods were about to be thrown at me. 

I stood on my feet and threw the strap of my duffel bag across my shoulders. 

"Here we go," I let out a sharp breath, starting my journey. 

My head whipped around every time I heard a twig snap, or a peculiar noise. That's when I felt stupid once I realized that I was the one who stepped on the twig. 

But the cool breeze and the serenades of the birds were quite soothing. It's exactly what I needed after being trapped in a house with terrible living conditions for six months. 

The simplicity of fresh sweet air entering my lungs, made me happy. 

I stopped in my tracks and huffed in frustration once I saw that after all the waking I've done, I'm right back where I started. The swamp.

I should mark every tree so I know where I've been. 

I took out Jace's pocket knife out of my bag and carved my initials in the towering tree next to me. 

When I looked to the sky, the clouds were dark and heavy - as if they were going to open up any minute. Before I knew it, thunder boomed the sky following millions of heavy, pelting raindrops. 

It's been a while since I've felt rain touch my skin. 

I didn't want to walk in the rain, so I found a tree to sit under. My damp hair made me shiver and the dirt squelched under me. I sat and let the soothing, cool rain shower take it's course. 

That's when I realized - 

Today is the first day of my senior year.

Blair

Today was my first day of my sophomore year.

I spent all of my precious summer days cooped up in my house with the curtains shut, no trace of sunlight. I thought about my sister and how much I didn't appreciate her. How mean and rude I was to her. 

And I'd never have the chance to make it up to her. 

It's been three months since her pronounced death. My father got a gravestone made for he, but he refuses to have a funeral ceremony unless her body is found. We visit her grave together every few weeks.

Drew and I's close friendship has also sprouted over the summer. He came to my house every week and took me down to the beach. Sometimes even Stella and Peyton would tag along. 

But Drew and Dad both helped me to realize that I couldn't keep sulking over Blake's death. I had to continue on with my life, as hard as it was. 

 I made it a goal of mine to try and become a better person in her honor. All she ever wanted to do was help me and I pushed her away.

So here I am. Kneeled before her empty grave, staring at words embedded in the stone.

Blake Marin Taylor
January 25th 1998 - June 9th 2015
Beloved daughter and sister

I turn my head to the side when Drew kneeled next to me, twirling the silver band around his finger.

He rubbed my back soothingly and I laid my head on his shoulder. His chin rested on top of my head.

"We should go," He whispered.

I nodded, standing back up. The vibrant colored leaves crunched under my boots as we walked back to his car. The car ride back to my house was silent, until Drew spoke up.

"So. Tell me."

"Tell you what?" I frowned. 

"How was your first day of sophomore year?" He asked incredulously.

"Well it's nice to know I'm not longer part of the loser freshman population," I answered, receiving a chuckle from him.

"And you're a senior," I smiled, nudging his arm with my elbow playfully.

"Yeah," He smiled with pride. "Now I can shove little freshman into lockers and take their lunch money," He joked.

"As long as you let me help," I played along, our laughs in sync.

I unbuckled my seatbelt when he turns into my driveway. The fall wind blows my hair back as I stepped out of his car. I furrowed my brows when I see that my Dad's black Lexus is parked in his usual spot.

"You want me to stay with you?" Drew offered.

"No it's ok, my Dad is home and I have an assignment to do."

"What? On the first day?"

"Tell me about it," I rolled my eyes. "Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow."

His window rolled down after I shut the door, "And don't take eight years to get ready in the morning please? I'd like to actually be on time for school."

"Whatever!" I laughed, walking to my front door.

"I'll see you little Taylor," He called out to me before pulling out of my driveway and speeding off.

I hate when he calls me that.

An aroma of food immediately filled my nose, welcoming me in my house. I threw my bag on the couch and headed straight for the kitchen.

"Hey sweet pea, how was your first day?" My father greeted me, stirring pasta in boiling hot water.

"It was good. Why are you home so early though?"

"Well I thought I should actually cook dinner and break our streak of fast food and microwave dinners," He chuckled. "I'm making chicken parm."

"Yes!" I chanted, leaning forward against the granite topped island.

"I wanna hear all about your day over dinner. In detail this time," He smiled.

"You mean how god awful my teachers are? Yeah I'll go into detail," I laughed.

I cant keep moping around about Blake. My life has to go on. But between having Drew and my father, I just might be okay.

___________________________

A/N > A bit boring on Blake's POV ik.

I mainly wanted to focus on Blair's life after Blake's "death" and her new found friendship with Drew though.

hmm do I have Drew and Blair shippers out there? lol

But next chapter will be all Blake and her journey in the woods

When I was reading this over, See You Again was playing in my head for Blairs POV. It kinda fits too. Every time I hear that song I wanna cry loll.

Hoped you enjoyed the chapter :)

Votes/Comments, much appreciated xx

-kya h.