•38•

Blake

We were bombarded with pestering questions with tape recorders shoved in our faces as my family and I burned a hole through the crowd of reporters on my front lawn.

"Goodness gracious, can we get some privacy?!" Mom shouted with aggravation when we made it into the house.

"What can I say? They love me," Blair joked, trying to ease the her aggravation. Mom couldn't help but to crack a small smile with the shake of her head.

I've just been discharged from the hospital. My stab is all stitched up, and surprisingly it wasn't as bad as I thought. The doctors were taken aback at my minimal cries. I just sat there, and took the pain.

My name continues to crowd all headlines. All news channels seem to have something to say about me. It's a very . . . strange feeling.

Stella and Peyton came to visit me over my stay at the hospital. Both in tears, they came in either side my bed and cried into my shoulder. I've missed them so much. Many laughs and more joyful tears were exchanged between the three of us. It almost felt like old times.

On the other hand, Mom has sincerely apologized, tears in all. She's vowed to be a better mother, and told me that she's taking a break so to speak from being a lawyer.

Which is a big sacrifice on her part considering all the schooling that is needed for it. Family is more important, she said. I told her that I needed time. Time to forgive her. Yes, I missed her but that doesn't mean the past has been erased.

"Blake. Oh my god," Blair's eyes were wide as she stared at her phone screen.

"What?" I frowned, walking over to her.

"You're trending on Twiiter!" She squealed. "Celebrities are tweeting you too!"

"What?" I snatched the phone from her grasp.

@Harry_Styles

#BlakesReturn H.

@ninadobrev

she's alive! #BlakesReturn

@AmandaSeyfried

mystery solved! blake lives! #BlakesReturn

I was struck dumbfounded. It amazed me of how much my story, in a my town, was spreading like wild fire. It seemed all unreal.

I don't even have a Twitter. I know, it's abnormal for a girl my age not to have one. But I never was really into tweeting useless thoughts that nobody would even give a second glance.

But I'm sure they'd give it a second glance now.

"I'm gonna go start dinner." Mom got up from her spot on the couch in the front room and looked to Dad with an expectant look.

He smiled and shook his head as he stood from the sofa. Tangling their fingers together, Dad led Mom into the kitchen. Blair and I were too awestruck to gush about the sweet gesture.

When the door bell rang, I rolled my eyes and huffed. "I got it," I shouted so my parents would hear.

Another reporter. I gave Blair's phone back and she shuffled toward the basement with her eyes still hooked on her phone.

When I swung the door open, a strange feeling bubbled in my stomach. The reporters were gone. Drew stood on my porch, taking his shades down from his eyes.

I stepped out on the porch, closing the door quietly behind me.

"Hi, Bl-"

I slapped my hand across his face. Everything from that day came back to me and I realized how angered I am with him.