•05• ✎

Lea
~2 hours before the present~

"Oh my god did you see her face?!" Jane laughed.

"Should've gotten a picture of it," Will shook his head disappointingly, a smile present on his face.

"Best prank I've ever played," Drew chuckled with his hands up in surrender.

Everyone bathed in the prank's victory, but I remained silent. It didn't go unnoticed by the group.

"Lea why aren't you laughing. This was your idea," Drew turned his attention towards me. Everyone looked at me in suspicion at his true statement. It was my idea, but I kind of felt . . . guilty.

"You've been on edge since school," Jane squinted.

"No I haven't," I lied.

"Yeah you have, since when do you stutter?" Will stepped in, Drew nodding in accord.

"I wasn't nervous now would you hop off!"

"Well then w-"

"We better go get her," I changed the subject. My knees cracked as I stood from my crouching position. We emerged from behind the creek wall, where she didn't even think to look. Stupid girl.

"Blake!" Drew called.

"Blake come out come out wherever you are!" Jane humorously shouted, giggles in between. But we heard nothing. The forest was still and quiet.

"Where is she?" Jane gave me a dumbfounded look.

"She couldn't have gone far," I tried to reassure her, but my voice was a little unsteady and panic began to set in my bones.

Nobody noticed though. I shivered at the rise of goosebumps on my skin. Pull yourself together Lea. They can't see you like this.

"Oh my god what if something happened to her?" Jane worried.

"What if we get in trouble?!"

"I told you this was a bad idea!" Will hollered.

Drew cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled hopelessly out into the forest, "Blake!"

No answer.

"She must of walked pretty far off because I couldn't even hear her screaming for us anymore," Will said.

"Oh my god this is bad, this is really bad," Jane hyperventilated. She's such a wreck. I'm most worried about her blowing our cover.

"Great now we're screwed thanks to Jane and Lea," Drew snapped.

"This wasn't my idea!" Jane protested.

"What?! You're the one who told me to pretend to be interested in her!" Drew countered.

"Yeah and you did a lousy job at it because she didn't even buy it," I replied flatly, staring down at my nails. I looked up to see Drew throwing daggers at me.

Jane did come up with that idea. She thought it would be amusing because Drew would never like her. He used dated me, people like her weren't his type.

"Why am I even apart of this?" Will ran his hand over his face.

"I don't know, you were the one who messed up the plan!" Jane fired.

"Why does that even matter?!"

I couldn't even get a word in, because they're all screaming at each other out of panic.

"Bec-"

"Everyone shut up and calm the hell down! Nobody is getting in trouble because we aren't telling the truth, understand me?" I seethed.

"What do you mean?" Will crossed his arms and squinted out of confusion.

"Nobody is going to know we were involved with this. We can easily just walk away," I clarified.

"You want us to lie?" Jane asked softly.

"Let's just go back to her house, grab our stuff and we'll figure it all out when we get back to my house," I planned.

"Yeah but what if her parents are already home," Drew hindered.

"Blair is home," Will added.

"Well we need to go back to her house either way so let's go. . . now," I ordered them harshly.

They followed behind me as I led the way back to Blake's house. As we walked, my stomach twisted into knots when I thought about what really happened to her.

My friends have already seen a fracture of my vulnerability. I didn't need them seeing anymore of it.

I had to show them that I was strong and unfazed by this. Even though inside I'm driving myself mad.

They don't know what really happened.

I saw her house in the distance. My heart was a drum as I felt it pound unceasingly. What on earth am I going to tell her parents? I had to think of something fast. Something reasonable. I heard undecipherable whispers behind me as we neared the back door.

I spun around, my hair flinging in the air, and pointed at them, "Nobody say a word, and wipe those looks off your faces. Let me do the talking. Got it?"

They nod simultaneously before I open the door.

When we walked in, we're immediately back in her kitchen. It was quiet so I assumed her sister was still upstairs.

Thank god. Now we can just sneak out of here as if nothing happened.

"Don't make a sound," I whispered to them. The house was an eerie pin drop quiet. We quietly collected our things and started to approach the door.

Suddenly we heard the sound of a stampede coming from upstairs and loud singing. We sped up our pace.

"Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up!" I murmured while forcefully pushing Drew's back out the door.

We made it out the house before - who I assume is Blair, made it down the stairs. I closed the door soundlessly while the rest dashed to my car.

We let out a breath of relief once we were in my car. It was quiet as I pulled out of Blake's driveway. I knew what they're all thinking too. We were either going to get away with this or getting caught. I couldn't bare to think what happened if people found out.

"I feel really bad now, she never did anything wrong and we ditched her in the woods as a prank," Jane spoke guilty.

Nobody said anything else, leaving Jane's words floating in the air. I couldn't help to feel guilty yet again.

"Jane it's ok. We're going to get away with this," I assured her.

"Yeah well we better," Will snapped.

"Shut up William," I frowned, gripping my hands tighter around the wheel.

We are going to get away with this. . . I always do.

_________________________

A/N> so that's the third part in Lea's POV, I hoped you guys liked it. Major plot twist is on the way...I kinda did some foreshadowing.

Don't worry, you'll know why Lea was acting the way she was really soon. I'm going to be picking up from the prologue next chapter! 😆

Vote/Comment, much appreciated xx.

-kya h.