2-0

(Y/N) wearily blinked themself awake, alone. No longer adjacent to Tommy or Techno; still with the warmth of them. Technoblade's long red cloak laid atop them, as though it were a blanket.

"Mmm... What time is it?" The (H/C)-ette yawned, stretching their limbs out on the vacant bench. Silence fell over the air, and (Y/N) sat, drowning in it. They stood up, expecting to be greeted with the familiar sight of Technoblade lost in his book with Tommy constantly nudging and annoying him. Neither were there, though Techno's book had been left there. (Y/N) raised an eyebrow, confused on the current situation.

Their (E/C) eyes scanned the area, trying to find something left behind--some sort of clue so they could figure out where the other two went. The sky was pitch black, the only illumination in the area being the singular torch, laying beside the bench. (Y/N) walked towards the torch--wanting to pick it up--, but something... different, was there. A sticky, crimson red liquid made a trail down the stone path. It didn't take long for (Y/N) to realize what it was.

Blood.

(Y/N) dry heaved, "Oh God. I'm-....I'm gonna be sick." They murmured. After a moment of the (H/C)-ette recomposing themself, the picked up the torch, and followed the trail.

They knew where it led, the path was familiar. It brought back memories--memories of better times, when (Y/N) was living, not surviving. Like when Technoblade was telling them greek myths, or when Tommy was walking them to a hill--for no reason in particular. Or when Philza wanted to take you to his makeshift library, which was burnt to the ground after his death.

(Y/N) finally arrived at Technoblade's house, but the trail wanted them to go inside. They lifted their hand to knock on the door--what wishful thinking--, until they noticed the door was left open. The (H/C)-ette gently pushed the door open; the sight of the room was... vile.

Books thrown everywhere, shattered glass, Broken plates and bowls, silverware clattered everywhere. The couches and tables, wood strewn all over the ground. That wasn't the worst of it though.

Blood was splattered all over the floors and walls, a bloody hand had evidently been dragged up the wall of the staircase. It seemed rather fresh, it was red, proving it hadn't dried yet.

As any normal person would, (Y/N) had contemplated leaving. The others were presumably dead, and they knew who killed them. But even then, what else could they do? Run away? Wilbur would find them, they know it.

(Y/N) walked into the kitchen, avoiding stepping on any glass of wood. Something shiny had caught their eye on the floor. They leaned over, grabbing it before they slid it into their back pocket.

~~~

After they looked around a little longer--and finding nothing of interest--(Y/N) followed the trail upstairs. The crimson lead to Techno's study, so that would be the last place they'd check.

The bathroom? Trashed. Bedroom? Trashed. Everything was ruined. The walls were defaced, blood was used to write "I love you." or the occasional "You love me." thrown in there. It was almost impressive on how quickly he had scribbled them all down.

(Y/N) stood in the bedroom for way longer than needed, trying to delay the inevitable. They knew they would have to go into the study at some point, but they were scared. Scared of what Wilbur had done, what Wilbur would do to them. Though they had to power through, if not for them then for Technoblade and Tommy.

(Y/N) slowly walked into the study, immediately seeing the state of the room. It reeked of rotten flesh; (Y/N) could see why.

They were dead.