CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE
────────────────────────
THE VANISHING OF WILL BYERS

             Eleven wordlessly waves you out from the woods, standing in the middle of a vacant road across the street from a smelly building. You're hesitant but she keeps an expression of neutrality.

Nodding, you slowly tread along with her until she stealthily opens a door. The room contained lots of silver and it reminded you of the lab. Nervously, you grab elevens wrist just as she was going to grab a basket of fries "We.. go" —she merely nods but continued to bite a single fry. You cautiously watch the men in the dining area, taking a fry from the basket.

Enlightened, you couldn't help but grab more. The two dirty children began to pig out on the small fresh serving of saltless fries just as a Santa-looking man notices them, notifying the cook of supposed "thieves".

     "Hey!" your mouth slackens, half-eaten fries falling out as fear spills through your blood. Fear takes its position as your vision starts to literally go red. Your heart thumped rapidly, nearly pulling away from your arteries as your body began to scrunch involuntarily. Eleven looks at you were very little concern as she before pushing you to run.

Ignoring the red hue of the room, you do as told and tried to ignore the man yelling until you heard a scuffle behind you. When you turn around, eleven is being chastised by the big scary cook. "You think you can steal from me boy?" Eleven is silent as you turn away, calming your body as best you could.

A moment of silence passes as the man is scrutinizing the duo. His face falls to one of sympathy when eleven notices your wheezing.

"What in the hell?"

────────────────────────

Eleven is totally chowing down as you dance in your seat, lips glued to the straw of your milkshake. You traded her your serving of fries for her second burger. The sound of her going in for another bite every two seconds makes you chuckle. "Oh so you can laugh?" the heavy voice says, shutting you up.

The cook is confused but lets you eat in peace before he feels that it's time to ask about these strange kids that stole from him. You had no idea what was in this drink but you knew that it was absolutely unforgettable.

"... your parents ever feed you kids?"
no answer
"Is that why you ran away?" he turns to you, gently coercing you to speak, you shyly look down and bite a tomato.

The cook looks uncomfortable now, not sure what to do with two kids that appeared to be deaf and super hungry. "You went to the hospital. You ran off and you got scared. Is that what it is?" he spoke to Eleven who only gives him a glance before taking another chomp of her burger.

He huffs, sliding your milkshake away whilst taking Elevens meal from her. "You two"— he points between both of you "can have as much as you want and maybe even some ice cream" you perk up, already willing to cooperate at the mention of some other interesting edible.

"But you oughta answer my questions, we got a deal?" you nod urgently, bumping shoulders with eleven. Questionnaires are usually fun when you do them with papa but a new person would be even better. "Let's go with the easy stuff. My name is Benny" he reaches for Eleven and caused you to smack his hand away.