CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN
────────────────────────
THE BATHTUB

4.4K words (im so sorry lmao)

                  I was merely sitting on Mike's couch with a fresh face after using his restroom. They were taking an awfully long time in there and I started to get very bored.

That was until Lucas' voice came through Dustin's radio. He sounded frantic and very serious while he rambled incoherent sentences. "Lucas?" I beam, standing next to Dustin who tries to make him calm down "Lucas, Lucas, we can't hear you... shit" he leaves me to retrieve Mike and Eleven.

He busted the door open
"Guys! It's Lucas, I think he's in trouble"

The radio whirs and wizzes as I try making Lucas calm down "We can't hear you... did you find it? Lucas!" Dustin comes back with Mike and El. "Do you remember how he said he was looking for the gate?"

"Yeah."
"What if he found it?"

Mike takes the radio from my grasp. It sounds like a bunch of whining and yelling on the other side. "I don't know, he's way out of range" Dustin shrugs. "...You son of a bitch!" Lucas swears.

"Lucas, if you can hear us, slow down. We can't understand you" Mike firmly speaks through the radio.

"Yes, I copy! Do you? They know about Sixteen and Eleven! Get out of there! They know about them! The bad men are coming! All of them!" But it comes out as chops and pieces on your side.

"Bad men. does that mean anything to you? Like a code name or something?" Dustin asks Mike. "It's our people..." I dread, looking at Eleven. Her relaxed exterior switched to one of worry at my words "No" but I nod, turning back to Dustin and Mike "If they know where we are, they'll do anything to get us"

The boys quietly look at each other with worry and I continue talking, grabbing Eleven's hand "Mike, we have to go..."

"No, stay here!" He sits the radio down and runs upstairs with Dustin on his tail. We watch helplessly before Eleven speaks "We have to protect them" I agree "Don't worry Eleven, we're not going back there"

Every second that passes by is a second too long as we listen to footsteps running around the house. I couldn't help but wonder if that was them. Dustin is the first to come back, speaking faster than an auctioneer. "They're here and we need to leave now, come on!"

On instinct, I push Eleven in front of me just as Mike comes down the stairs "Come on!!"

We make quick work of reaching his back door, pouring out of the house like clowns in a clown car. We run across his neighbor's backyard until we reached a safe place to be able to join the boys on the back of their bikes.

At the moment, we see papa and the other people slowly walking. Now they knew we were here. My face involuntarily scrunches in anger "Come on, I won't let them take us" I fume.

"What six said!" Dustin agrees, kicking off on the bike with Mike and El in suit of us. Papa and the people immediately backtrack and dart back to their vans. Dustin is in a panic as I keep myself latched onto him. "Dustin, do you copy?!" Lucas' voice comes through the Dustins headphones.