CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT
────────────────────────
THE UPSIDE DOWN

              You do your best to speed your blood flow, laying your head on Lucas' shoulder as the party waited for Joyce or any adult to return to the gym.

They had all left in a hurry without explaining where or telling anybody anything. The areas under your eyes are dark and heavy as the silence finally consumes Mike, making him stand up without a word. "Where's he going?" Lucas mumbled. You shrug and let him go.

He's back in minutes with prep in his step "They're gone" he says, looking around the gym for an answer.

"What?"
"Nancy and Jonathan. His cars gone"
Lucas shrugs "They're probably sucking face somewhere" you bump your knee with his. Dustin cringes at the thought of those two teenagers doing anything of such.

"No, No way!"
Dustin thinks "Did they go with the chief?"
"I don't know!"

"I can't feel for hearts yet, I'm pretty... beat up" six gave Mike a sympathetic look. Mike stays quiet for a moment but Elevens monotoned "No" cuts through the silence.

"What? Did you see them? Do you know where they are?" he word vomits
"Yes"
"Where? Where did they go?"

She spares a look at Six before looking to her palms "Demogorgon"

Six's head rises away from Lucas' shoulder and they make their distress very clear with the way they message their temples "is trouble searching a human thing?" Dustin giggles cheekily.

"Hey, superhero best friends"

────────────────────────

"Guys! Guys! This is crazy. We can't just wait around" Mike worries. It's rare to see him being the one to panic and pace around but, the sight is surely entertaining.

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us" Lucas says, trying to talk sense into his friend.

"Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is" Dustin added. "El and Six can find them" you raise an eyebrow as Eleven looks at you with the same exact expression.

"Look at them, dude! They even think you sound crazy" Mike turns around to see Eleven coddled up to your side with a blanket around her shoulders. "There's no way we can help... unless we somehow get our energy back" Six proposes, meekly rubbing Eleven's shoulder.

"Thanks but no thanks, I think we should stick to the chief's plan," Dustin said.

Lucas supports Dustin's answer "Exactly. We stay here, keep El and Six out of sight and we keep them safe. That's the most important thing, remember?"

"Besides, she's okay. She's with Jonathan"
"Yeah, and she's kind of a badass now, so..." Dustin smirks, leaving the brainstorm circle.

"Well, where are you going? You just said stick to the plan!" Mike yells
"I am. I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding. I'm telling you, lunch lady Phyllis hoards that shit"