CHAPTER FOUR.3

CHAPTER 4
────────────────────────
THE SAUNA TEST

...THE DAY AFTER

"I don't know Luke... it was like..." you trail off, watching the downpour from your comfortable spot on Lucas's chest. After the ordeal with Billy and Heather, you begged to go home and for your dad to allow Lucas to come over despite the venting that you've been doing surrounding your 'stupid' boyfriend.

It was easy and quick to forgive him as it were for him to forgive you. There was a mutual agreement for you to throw Chris's number out in exchange for Lucas's time. The deal was less than needed but you two were teenage dorks that enjoyed each other despite the way others cringe at it.

Anyway, it's been a mere three hours since Lucas dropped out at your house, the clock nearing 3 AM as visions and memories of Heather's scream flashed through your mind.

"You don't have to think about it ... if it hurts you," Lucas says, slightly blushing at the affectionate moment you were sharing. He was used to coddling you but it never failed to make him flustered to know that you really needed him so often. It made him feel loved... but he's far too manly to admit that to you.

A gentle huff escapes your mouth when a strike of lightning flashes through the sky, the thundering absent in the aftermath.

Marlen will probably never forget the sight of his child bursting into the house in tears, clutching onto his shirt for dear life. It was hard for him to take his eyes away from you until Lucas had arrived, immediately getting invited with a red-eyed Six latching onto his side.

But, at least you're fine now.

"It made my chest feel" — you raise your hand to your sternum, causing Lucas's face to scrunch in worry "—Like I..." but you can't finish the thought. Talking about your feelings had always been hard due to Papa claiming that feelings were nothing but a mere tyrant in your powers, but now it was coming between you and Lucas, and the thought of that— enrages you.

In a flash, you're gazing down at Lucas with your brows pinched in determination "Like this!"

Your boyfriend bristles, his head presses further into your puffy pillow as his eyes searched your limbs for whatever wrestling move you were to pull on him this time "Six—"

And before he can finish the question, you're pressing your hands on his chest, not really hurting him but pressing hard enough to make him feel a bit of discomfort in his chest.

"Ow- Six!"
"Like he was doing this to me—! You feel that?" your winded expression darted from his face and to your hands multiple times as he makes an effort to struggle and take your hands from his figure.

"Six- babe"
Now you were just being playful as you gingerly poke a knuckle in between one of his ribs from the side "And he was doing this~~!" —twisting it and pressing it further.

He squirms and bursts into a haughty laugh, silently wincing at the discomfort as you giggled along with him, throwing your head back in triumph. Surely, your dad was staring at the ceiling with a pissy expression with the wonder of what you two could be up to at this ungodly hour.