CHAPTER EIGHT.2

CHAPTER EIGHT
────────────────────────
GUESS WHO? YOU

- woa, this is the longest I haven't updated
I'm sorry. things have been hectic!

Eleven and Six are currently walking down the road to Will's house to hopefully run into anybody that may be there. The teens wanted to go anywhere that wasn't Hopper's cabin, and that will hopefully be understandable once you see him again.

"And if they are not there?" Six looks up from their boots, giving Eleven a worried look as the possibility of being caught walking around picks at your bones. After all the mayhem you caused yesterday, you were still wary of being seen in Hawkins. A single day of crime was enough for you and Eleven to swear to never get involved with people like that again.

The two share a solemn stare until Eleven looks away, her lashes sadly fluttering to the damp pavement "We... we can go to Mike's then"
"That's not a good idea El..." you huff but continue to follow her into the woods en route to Will's home. Six didn't wanna scold Eleven after all the hard decisions she had to make in these last four days but, some things just needed to be said.

"We'd put him in dange—" but you pause, stopping Eleven in her tracks. It takes you a moment to really register how many hearts you were feeling, the realization makes you sweat drop. "What is wrong?" Eleven began to worry when you look over your shoulder "Which was is Will's house again?"

She blinks and points to the left of you, the same exact place where you were feeling over 10 hearts. "They're in danger"

Eleven firmly nods and follows your trail as you sprint through the woods for the final 40 feet. In no time, you're met with the sight of the many hearts that you were detecting. The place was infested with baby Demogorgons. It was good to see them out here though. The more that are here, the less likely it is for one to be inside.

The moving shadows behind the curtains in Will's house made you smile a little, feeling everyone's hearts for the first time in such a long time was like coming back to life.

"Take the left" Eleven orders and you follow, warily lifting your hands in front of the scrambling creatures. It was time to put Marlen's theory to the test.

"You know, you can manifest your attacks from anywhere, right?"
you curiously tilt your head at him "huh?"
"yeah, like from walls. the floor~ the ceiling... they didn't teach you that?"

Course not, they wanted patience and perfection. To any bystander, it would look like you were in a struggle compared to Eleven who was throwing and snapping the necks of demogorgans— but you were perfectly fine. The rack inside of your chest is a little more violent than what you're used to as the manifestation proves itself worthy.

Thirteen needle-thin spikes shoot directly under the bodies of the unknowing creatures, and for some reason, you could feel their blood evading your needles. The feeling is nauseating as you rock where you stood, harshly gulping before releasing the technique. 

"Six" Eleven runs to aid you but you fix your posture just as she reaches you. "Are you okay?" she makes a move to wrap an arm around you but you stubbornly jerked away. She shouldn't worry too much, and you for sure won't let her.

A small and friendly smile is on your lips when you raise your head "Let's go inside yea?"

It takes a moment for her to fully believe you but you seem to eventually convince her enough to make her nod and free you from her grasp. You grit your teeth and bite back a wince as Eleven steps on the porch to open the door. Just as she began to slide the lock out, she turns around and smiles at you, offering a hand.

"Can't forget about Six, huh?" you tease

She giggles and lets you clasp a clammy palm into hers. Almost rocking on your heels in joy, you began to ramble about all the possibilities of seeing your friends again. "What if they pass out? Oo- what if we see Dustin cry for the first time. Wait! Will lives here doesn't he!" you beam and awe at the realization that you'd finally meet Will.

"Stop talking" Eleven answers, making you immediately shut your mouth and do your best to contain your excitement. She pushes the door open with you right on her back, gawking at everyone in the room. Everyone looked so badass with their weapons and gear but they didn't seem as amazed as Six did.

"We come in peace!" you yell, jumping from behind Eleven. There's a small laugh from steve as the realization finally settles in for the rest of them. And of course, being the forever infatuated person you are, you couldn't help but look for a particular boy with a camouflage bandanna wrapped across his forehead.

Lucas was already watching your every movement when your eyes lit up at the sight of him. He was healthy, vibrant, and especially cuter than he was a year ago. He seems to sway a little as small breaths are audibly coming from his mouth.

Despite the wary and tense gazes around the room, you shyly walk along the wall "It's nice to see you again, Lucas" his eyebrows do that sarcastic pinch but then they seemed to frown, sadly. That specific look that could be described as spitefulness is quickly plastered on his face, trying to hide his grief.

but, you knew that was just Lucas trying not to cry.

And knowing that he was exceptionally happy to see you alive, you make an effort to give him your most embarrassing wave, totally contrasting yourself with the rest of the room in the process.

He audibly groans and soonly sniffed afterward, also laughing in the process of saying

"You're so weird, Six"
But he wouldn't want you to be any other way.
"Where've you been?"

The beat in your chest blooms feels like a supernova as the two of you stared with glossy eyes. At the very least, he wasn't angry at you as you expected him to be, and for you, that was enough. He was definitely yours again, no matter what.

────────────────────────

dnt worry, im immediately writing the next one!