CHAPTER ONE.2/CHAPTER TWO.2

two episodes in one due to short screen time in madmax!

AGES:15!

CHAPTER ONE
────────────────────────
MADMAX

I finish the entry of the day and close my diary, listening to the footsteps of hopper outside of the room. "What are you making?" Eleven, who was laying on her bed behind me speaks with a curious tone.

"... I'm just writing" the answer is evasive but it appeared to be enough as Eleven doesn't give another attempt at questioning me. It'd be wrong to really reveal what I'd been making all the months. At least, it'd be wrong until we get the chance to leave the cabin.

"Hey, what'd we talk about?" hopper dragged, disappointment in his voice. I only make sure to take my diary to my bed and slide it under the pillow, leaving the room and smiling at Hopper when I come out. "El made her Eggos too soon?"

He chuckles a little before greeting me. "Hey six, you know Eleven doesn't really wait up for an old guy" I hum, joining in his amusement before sitting down at the small dining table. "She is upset with you~" he bristles, looking at me in confusion.

"No signal"
"What?"
"It's 8-1-5. You're late" Eleven says with an attitude that we could hear from the other room. "You see?" I tease, biting into my food.

"Yeah...Yeah, I lost track of time. I'll signal next time, all right? Uh, and it's 8:15, not 8-1-5" he sasses her back, making a diva-ish movement with his hands and head. Eleven finally comes out of our room, acting like a vampire being snatched from their lair.

She side-eyes you as she sits down in her seat across from Hopper. "What? No eggos before potatoes" I joke and shrug like it's not my problem.

"Eight...fifteen" she repeats, waiting for a look of approval. I'm the only one to give her the dose of approval as Hopper began rolling up his sleeves. "Now, what did we talk about?" he's now smiling down at us under the lamp light.

"Dinner first, then dessert. Always"
We groan in fusion, rolling our eyes at the same ole scolding about our strawberry and waffle addictions. He pinches his eyes and copies our whiny groans "Aa~ but it's a rule. Okay?"

Eleven looked at me but I just start poking my food, feigning defiance. She giggles and nods at Hopper "Yes"

"Six? What about you? you gonna stop sneaking strawberries at 3 AM?"

"You told?" I palm the table, leaning into Eleven's space
"No, I didn't!" Eleven pleads
"Six!"

I whine and Eleven laughs.
"You'll be fine crybaby."

Dinner ended up being super fun and social, but it's always fun when Hopper can make it home before bed. We talked about stupid things we saw in last week's films and newspapers like we usually do.

I really love having Hopper around.

─────────────────────────────