CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE
────────────────────────
HOLLY JOLLY

2.8K words

"We just tell our parents we have AV club after school" mike suggested as Six watched Eleven play with the weird phone on the couch. "That'll give us a few hours for operation Mirkwood"

"You seriously think that the weirdo knows where Will is?" you sit up and give Lucas a questioning head tilt. He trails off and turns to you, expression disapproving of your gaze. "Who's will?" he huffs and turns to Mike.

"Why do they ask so many questions"
Dustin slaps his arm and gestures to you, coercing him to be nice and answer.

"Will is our best friend...." Lucas looks as if he's contemplating opening up to you about the missing boy. Part of you could understand that he was going through something but the anger was unnecessary. "He's missing and we need your weirdo to help" you turn your head, no longer interested in joining their conversation.

"Did you get the supplies?" Mike inquires. Lucas and Dustin take turns showing off their supposed weapons and energy sources as you try helping Eleven do whatever she was doing on the walkie-talkie. "Besides, we do we even need weapons, we have her!" Dustin points to Eleven.

"She shut one door!"

You bite your cheek. They didn't know that you had powers but, you were content with that. It'd be nice to be thought of as someone that could fight this "Demogorgon" that Dustin mentioned. But eleven was pretty cool. She could go to different states of consciousness without sleeping! She was pretty awesome.

but you're awesome too.

"I can help" you timidly stand from your seat, joining them at the table. The boys survey you before Mike nods "um, well... what can you do?" Your palms began to sweat as Lucas gave you a look of urge, trying to hurry the process. You were currently building the courage to show them and Lucas' judgment was making it harder.

"Come... over here" you grab his wrist, bringing him to the fort that you and Eleven slept in. He didn't fight it or argue, merely sitting down in front of you with an expression of closeted fear. "Do you... feel safe?" you give him a small smile, softly holding his hands.

He nods, "Yea, Six. I'm fine?"

You giggle and close your eyes, thinking of what to show him first. There was so much that you could show them but, you didn't wanna scare them too much. So for now, you will settle for calmer things.

"I will make you warm. You will notice my eyes turning red, it's okay. You're small so it won't be painful" even though you can't see it, he gulps and nods intensely. Eyes now open, you avoid his eyes and stare at your hands as you could feel his muscles start to shiver, heating up little by little.

Lucas' eyes widen when he sees the veins in your forearms tremor whilst turning red. Though you're warming him, his heart shouldn't be beating so fast. "Calm down"

Mike and Dustin come over with a quiet Eleven following behind. "What. the. Fuck" Dustin marvels, squatting down in front of you. "This is part of my blood manipulation, it doesn't hurt him" Mike awes at Lucas's expression.