CHAPTER FIVE.3

CHAPTER 4.2
────────────────────────
THE SAUNA TEST

All of you can only watch as Billy once again charged himself at the door, almost making the chain give way. You knew he'd be able to get out and you also knew that this wasn't a scenario where any of you could just run away. It was time to fight this- thing.

With black veins plaguing his tan skin, Billy charges at the door and this time, the chain unravels, looking like a string of yarn as it clatters to the ground. Your friends all startle and fall back, taking refuge in the safety that both eleven and yourself had created. The sound of his heartbeat is blaring-- painful for only your eardrums.

Three superhumans only stare at each other, daring someone to make the first move. "Pin him," you say, tilting your head towards eleven. The girl does exactly as told, lifting a weight and slamming it into Billy's chest to pin him against the wall. She lets out a scream, using an immense amount of strength to keep him from breaking out and hurting your friends.

Out of all the blood techniques that you've learned, only a couple of them are non-lethal. Some set blood aflame while others simply dizzied the people. So, not wanting to permanently injure max's brother, you settle on deciding to use a 'Cell elimination' technique. It would mean that the Flayer would die in a very slow process of elimination through Billy's blood but it also meant that he'd be set free. He wouldn't try to hurt you anymore.

Elevens heartbeat began to turn rapid so you hurry and dash to Billy to settle your hand on his sides. His skin is on fire, scolding to the touch. He immediately thrashed and tried kicking you. "Get off of me you bitch!" He spat. The cells seem to evade your plague, running and hiding just a little bit too slowly. A steady whine and hum came from the lights as they began to flicker in a scary strobe.

The dark blood flooding his body is enough to make your powers falter in the slightest, causing your eyes to darken and plague with dark blood that looks nothing like your own. It stings as if someone had just poured a bottle of hot sauce on your face but you don't give up and dig your feet into the concrete floor. The mission here was to protect your friends and make sure everyone got out alive, even when one of the people was trying to kill you. Everyone was going to survive this no matter what.

Billy's weak blood fought against the mind flayer to the best of its ability before it had gotten drowned out by the ink-colored flood of the entity inside of him. Sympathy is on frontal lobe for Billy. If your friends had somehow figured out how to free the flayer outside of his body, he'd be lucky to even live afterward. His cells are all killed, nearly vaporized, and extinct.

Eleven began to strain herself further as you open your eyes to see the pink hues pulsing over Billy's abdomen. It was your technique beginning to take action to revamp the dead cells stuck inside his bloodstream. The fight of blood is loud and detrimental to your ears but still, you try to ignore the tremor overcoming your body due to the lack of blood going to your heart.

"Six, you got this," Lucas said, stepping forward but still maintaining the safest distance possible. Your skin floods an even darker grey from before. It almost looks as if you never had melanin, to begin with. And as if things couldn't get any worse, there's a black web that crawls underneath your skin. The sight made you panic and remove your hands away from Billy but it only happened for a second. However, that second was long enough to allow Billy the strength to raise a leg to kick you a number of feet away from him.