Never Shall I Forget

A/N- So this part was actually meant to be in my first story but I deleted it, but this part was actually very dear to me so I thought to post it as a short story here, hope you like it.

Synopsis- Rhea was Anirudh's ex lover but she died in an accident after some years he met another girl with the same facial complex as her, Megha, he slowly started to like her but whenever he felt that he thought he was betraying Rhea but in one situation Megha was getting forcefully married to an old man who was later rescued and married to Anirudh instead but he couldn't fall in the way he fell for Rhea, on the other hand Megha was totally in love with him. One day they came to visit her mother who was ill there some people humiliated her.

The sky was smudged with the orange colour of the sun, Megha's tears were unstoppable, her head hung down, their harsh words were daggers for her.

"Your  husband never loved you and he will never, he married you just for saving your life you're a burden on him, just a armature kid who can't even satisfy his manly desires nor his needs." A woman taunted her again

"SHUT UP!" A loud roar reached their ears as she looked up only to meet his angry avatar, glaring holes into the women's bodies, he came forward and held her hand making her look up at him with shock.

"Who in the world gave you permission to talk to her like this, what right do you have to question her about her- our personal life?" He said still holding her wrists tight.

"SHE IS MY WIFE, and neither she nor I have gave you all the permission to interrupt and question about our personal lifestyle. You should know that the person you are talking to is not only my wife but also family member of the a landlord family and a future district magistrate." He roared, everybody lowered their heads at the burst out.

"Next time I hear anybody taking rubbish about her or our family I would make sure that you are banished from the village" He said and held Megha's hand and took her towards the jeep.

(Play this song)

(Italics is Megha's POV and and normal is Anirudh's POV)

The jeep started and so their journey, it's not that Anirudh never called her his wife but today something was different. She felt the tone of possessiveness in his voice.

Meherbaani nahi tumhara pyar maanga hai
Tumhe manzoor hai tabhi to yaar manga hai

Ghairon ke dar se, tere sheher se
Hai kasam rishta todoon na
Tera rastaa main chhodoon na.. -x4

She kept looking at him while he drove.

Agar ye hai nahi, to phir jaane pyar kya hai
Mere jeet hai tu, kise parvaah haar kya hai
Tera rasta chhodoon na..
Chhodoon naa main tera rasta chhodoon naa

She looked at the front averting her gaze from him.

He suddenly started remembering Rhea, how they used to love each other how happy they were together.

Zindaa hoon lekin, wo baat nahi hai
Haathon mein teraa, jo haath nahi hai

He suddenly felt someone grab his wrist he looked and saw Rhea smiling at him he smiled too.

Ishq ka hai naam bada
Maine hai kiya kaam bada

He suddenly saw a female hand on the deck and was about to keep his above it when he noticed it was Megha's he quickly averted his hand and focused on driving.

Kar ke magar aadha chhodoon na
Tere rukh se ye chehra modoon na
Tera rastaa main chhodoon na... -x4

His father and mother always said to forget Rhea and focus on Megha and his married life now. But for him she was nothing but his responsibility.

Chaahat hai meri, kusoor nahi hai
Dil jazbati hai, majboor nahi hai

Whenever he felt attracted to Megha his consciousness just knocked and said "You can't forget Rhea".

Sar ye bhale phoot gaya
Jism mera toot gaya 

Although he had married her he could never ever forget Rhea he would always remember his promise of "Never forgetting Her". 

Khud se kiya waada todoon naa
Baandhun sehra, kafan odhoon naa
Tera rastaa main chhodun na... -x3

Her images and their moments came into his mind as they came across their mansion.

Tera rasta chhodoon na..
Chhodoon naa main tera rasta chhodoon naa

They looked at each other deeply before averting their gazes and entering into the mansion.

Tera rasta chhodun na..
Haan Tera rasta chhodun na..
Ho.. Tera rasta chhodun na
Tera rasta chhodun na
Chhodoon naa main tera rasta chhodoon naa.

Although they were singing to different people the similarity was their unconditional love for them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English Meaning of the song-

I have not asked for a favor, but your love..
Since you've agreed, that's why  I have asked..
Just because of the fear of others,
I swear I'll not separate my path from your city.

I'll not let you go..-4x

If this is not love, I don't know what is..
You're my greatest achievement, who cares for more..
I'll not let you go...

I'm alive, but it's not the same  anymore,
now that your hand is not in mine..
The name of love is big, and I've done this noble deed..
But I'll not leave it half done..
I'll not turn away from your face..
I'll not let you go...-4x

It's my love, not some crime..
The heart is emotional, not helpless..
Even if the head is broken, and the body too,
I'll not break the promise made to myself..
I'll wear a wedding veil, not a shroud..
I'll not let you go..

Fitoor- Collection of Short Stories © Rhea.R. Chowdhury, 2022