Drabble- 01 ~ Separation

The two riffles were aimed towards the other, the anger in both of the holder's eyes were glaring at the other with much intensity. 

But there were two more pairs of eyes which were filled with innocence and were looking around their surroundings with curiosity. When suddenly a little girl's eyes peeked out from behind her father's frame and saw that there was someone who was also peeking from his father's frame and looking at her with curious eyes.

She waved a 'Hi' towards him with a toothy grin

While he reciprocated it.

Then she peeked out a little more and pointed her finger at herself before mouthing the words "Maya"  and then pointed her finger at him asking what's his name

"Vikram" he mouthed

She made the beautiful hand sign to him.

He smiled at her gesture. As they were busy in their cute antics their father's warned each other and argued a lot.

After they finished their quarrel they held the little beings hands and took them to the opposite direction. The both innocent souls continued to look at the other while they're being dragged.

(Stop the music at 0.37)

After 14 years

It was the day of holi where one side of the Village, Kishanpura was celebrating it with all fun on the other side Rampura was colourless as their Chief leader has announced 2 years ago "No body should celebrate this festival this festival only brings bad luck and sadness and no colours" thus nobody celebrated this festival for 2 long years.

The people  surrounded their leader when suddenly the leader aimed his gun at the sky and pressed the trigger.

(Play the song now)

The people screamed

"Long live Vikram"

On the other hand, a girl was painting in a room she was painting a portrait of a young boy the young boy she met years ago.

Suddenly she felt two hands smudge some colour on her cheeks and said

"Happy Holi"

She turned and saw it was her cousin.

Her cousin saw what she was painting and sighed and said "Again Didi? Why do you keep painting that boy?"

Maya just chuckled and said "This boy is very known but unknown to me, his eyes they are just so mesmerizing I met him years ago but still I remember him"

"Didi you're in love right?" She asked with a smirk

"No, yes actually I don't Know but whenever I try to paint the only face that comes in my mind is his, I tried to make many elder versions but I don't know if even their correct or not, I wish I could meet him again, those mesmerizing eyes again" she said in a trance.

While Vikram was in his room staring and talking to the picture which he carried now for years. It was of her, Maya's.

"It's been 14 years till I met you in person, you still look so beautiful your eyes still holds that innocence, only I know how much I craved for you in these 14 years still now I want to just meet you once before I would  leave the Earth. I am sorry I cannot meet you because the enmity  that is the only wall between us. I AM SORRY" he spoke to the picture while a lone tear dropped from his eyes

Here one was waiting to met him desperately but the other kept a wall around but the only thing which was similar to both of them was their desperation, separation, sadness and love maybe.

What will this story lead to?

Hey guys, found some time and wrote this, I don't know but this BGM really forced me  to thinking and writing this drabble. It is so magical the vibe is just....*groans excitedly* ok thanks for reading this. Meet you guys again till then,

Adios Amigos

Fitoor- Collection of Short Stories © Rhea.R. Chowdhury, 2023