Silence Broken!(3)

After 35 years

It's been 35 years, in these 35 years there has been many changes, India was Independent, women had started developing, demise of Kaka and Binoy and the partition also.

Anirudh was 71 now, had wrinkles and white hair all over his head but still held that handsomeness.

After the partition he was in Calcutta now, with a 65 year old and his 34 year old son.

One day Anirudh was setting his books in the study when a diary fall from there, amused enough he crouched to pick it up with difficulty as he opened  the first page.

Bondita Anirudh Roy Chowdhury

Was written with beautiful calligraphy. Anirudh wore his specs and settled himself on the couch nearby. And turned the next page.

3rd May, 1934

Dear Diary

Today I have turned 16 and Sakha Babu sent me you I mean this diary as a present. Well from now you're more precious to me than my own life, well on the first day of the 16 year old me I would like to confess something to you. OK so 'I Love Sakha Babu'

After reading this, Earth slipped from underneath Anirudh's feet, "She loved me?, then why didn't she tell me?" He murmured to himself

yes I love him I realized it a few months ago and you know it felt so surreal so beautiful. I hope that he reciprocate my feelings, I mean it's not necessary but if he says yes I will be the most happiest person. OK now Miss Mary is calling me for the chapel so meet you afterwards.

Bye
Iti
Bondita ARC

Juda hum ho gaye maana
Magar yeh jaan lo jaana

Kabhi main yaad aaun toh

Chale aana, chale aana

Tumhe main bhool jaaunga

Yeh baatein dil mein na lana

Kabhi main yaad aaun toh

Chale aana, chale aana

(I know we are separated,but know this, oh sweet heart.

If you ever miss me, just come to me, you're always welcome.

Never think that I will ever forget you,

If you ever miss me, just come to me, you're always welcome.)

A.drop of tear unknowingly escaped his eyes and fell right beside the word 'ARC'.

"Why didn't you tell me that ever Bondita" He sobbed

He opened the next page, then another, then another like that he went through all the pages that witnessed all her  care, mischievousness, pain, hope and Love.

Every page made him believe how deeply she was in love with him and that pushed his heart more into the deep abyss of guilt.

20th August, 1937

Dear Diary,

Long time right? Yes I know but I had a pressure of my studies, you know I have to become Barrister Babu to fulfill our dream, to see his eyes sparkle with joy and pride, and with his glistening eyes, he will pat my back and say "Shabbaash Bondita, Bravo!" That same sparkle which I saw 10 years back when I stole men's clothes.