Broken Silence!(2)

Dear Diary,

It's been 3 years, 11 months and 14 days since their marriage and I don't know I should be happy or upset as the things between them has messed up lately. After few months I heard that they were fighting upon having kids, Sakha Babu wasn't ready to have them and Rai was stubborn upon having them. I have seen them sleeping separately many nights and occasionally when I was once passing through their room I heard their pleasure sounds, I know I wasn't supposed to hear them but my inner curiosity forced me into that, I heard the creaking of the bed, moaning of Rai, groaning of Sakha babu and some slapping sounds. First I thought that Sakha babu was assaulting her but then when I heard all these thing and connected the dots tears weren't stopping from pouring down my cheeks as a deep anguish hammered hard on my chest I ran away from there and made a note to never pass through their bedroom at night again.

Then one day I heard they were fighting for Rai's professional life as Rai quitted teaching the poor children and devoted all her time into the family. Which quite disappointed Sakha babu as she changed her priorities.

Then after 1 year they started fighting for petty issues like, displacing  the books of his study, making the study untidy, tearing the books, not getting beauty supplies on time, not coming home on time, not telling where and why he went, and for giving me his free time instead of her.

The last issue was really rough as after  coming from court early when she used to sleep I used make him his 'kaapi' and we used chat with each other forgetting the whole world as how could we forget that our ideologies are same and he literally has seen my grow up.
And that used to irk Rai and she used to throw tantrums. And Rai was not at all devoted in doing some petty chores which she used to order Koyeli didi to do which used to irk Kaka and he would now and then taunt and scold her for this thus irking Rai.
Their relationship was getting worse every usual day and thank god that they didn't try to sleep separately out of the bedroom as one day I went to wake Sakha Babu up when Rai was not there I saw him sleeping on the couch.
But one day, we got a news that made me happy and shattered at the same time. Rai was pregnant, I was happy to be honest but the pain was hammering hard on my heart. Then after 9 months I saw him, he was so small and cute when I first held him in my arms my tears were tickling my cheeks but they were the happy ones and soon I pestered a soft, gentle kiss on his forehead and let my lips linger there for a bit and he held my pinky finger with his little fingers and was watching me intently, I smiled looking at him. And from then he became the apple of my eyes he is now 3 months old. While his parents never stopped fighting and I can't stop falling for his father. I wanted his name to be Abhimanyu but his mother didn't like it so she name him Rayan, Rayan Roy Chowdhury. But still I call him Abhi as I and my little baby liked this name while others call him Bubla. My little Abhi has became my life now, Thakuma and Kaka every now and then forces me to get married but I've always told them that I will not as to be honest I knew that Sakha Babu wasn't mine but still I can't afford to loose him from infront of my eyes and the other biggest reason is my Abhi as I can't stay without him know. But isn't it weird that I came to marry Sakha Babu and saw his marriage with Rai and now I can't stay without their kid I always think that if that night I would've told him that I loved him, then maybe he would not get married to her, Abhi could have been our child. But not all dreams come true right? But my biggest dream of marrying my love couldn't come true still hurts me too much.
         Well enough of our conversation I have to go now Sakha Babu would come in his study any moment and I don't want him to see me crying. Bye and thank you for listening to me, and absorbing my tears every time I cry.

Bon----

The last four letters of her name got smudged as the tears fell on them and without noticing all these she closed her diary and hid it in a safe place as she moved out of the study room.

Her life has changed since Anirudh and Rai's marriage.

She goes to court but not with Anirudh as she knows she might end up breaking down infront of him which she didn't wanted.

But when her Abhi came into her life she changed her lifestyle a little as she now got a new friend, a little buddy who listens to her and when she cries he also does and when she laughs he also laughs. Even if she couldn't stay with Anirudh she got his part, his 'Ansh'.

She has aged now but still her beauty didn't decrease, her one smile can still kill 1000 of guys but still now she can die for his smile.

She knew he wasn't her but she was always his.

Since she was 18 and got a diary she used to write it she has confessed her feelings to it too.

But to her misfortune she couldn't do the same to Anirudh.

_______________________________________

Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me

'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street

_______________________________________

Did I bored you? Don't worry the next chapter will be emotional let me give you a precap.

"A septuagerian Anirudh was finding a book when a diary fell down he crouched with difficulty and picked up the diary. And opened the first page.
   Bondita Anirudh Roy Chowdhury
Was written on the first page with beautiful calligraphy.

After turning the last page of the diary tears started falling from his eyes without his control. He sobbed silently staring the picture pasted on the last page."

Do you find it interesting? Tell me in the comments till then.

Adios Amigos and Amigas.

 Fitoor- Collection of Short Stories © Rhea.R. Chowdhury, 2022