Innocence

(Author's note: Ok, so now this is about a important topic to talk about, please read till the end)

Warning; Child abuse content, nudity, pedophilia, maybe uncomfortable for some readers.

Naina was a 11 year old little girl, she was  good in her studies but suddenly during this covid pandemic her marks started degrading, her parents started getting worried but were amazed to see her learning something new from YouTube, but still nothing changed.

One day,

Naina's mother forcefully took her to her maternal grandparent's house.

Naina just kept saying that she has her extra classes and she can't afford to miss them, making her parents doubt her

When she was away, her father linked her laptop and phone with his, so he could see everything she is doing on the gadgets.

Her parents were both working so she would stay alone in the house.

One day, her parents got a notification, that Naina is talking to someone on a video call, the didn't take it too seriously as she would call her friends and talk with them but little did they knew that this time she was doing something else

Her mother one day found a unknown name "Aniket" on her recent call list, she checked that this person was calling her from many days, during her class hours, and frequently from 10 p.m to 1 a.m.

She immediately, showed it to her father, both were worried as they found out there were no student or friend of Naina whose name was Aniket .

One day they found out who he was, when they caught their daughter in a naked state in front of the camera, talking to someone. Her father just couldn't see her daughter like this so he turned his face away but her mother quickly grabbed a bedsheet and  covered her and as she went on camera the other person left the call but she saw his face.

They complained to police about this, they tracked the phone number and caught Aniket, eventually they got to know that his real name was Tarun and he has been scamming many 10-12 old girls into this thing. 

Naina informed the police that, one day she opened this website "Daters.com" and found him they conversed for months and shared their numbers. He used tell her send her nudes she did as he said to do.

After that incident, Naina and her parents both where very alert about these kind of things.

But, Naina? She lost everything when she didn't even knew these, will she be able to forget this incident as she will grow up? or she has to face the trauma in her teenage. 

.

.

.

.

 In India, cybercrimes against children in 2020 rose by more than by 2019. Nearly 90 percent of these crimes involved the publication or transmission of child sexual abuse material (CSAM). The increased use of social media platforms, the mass migration to online classes, and the use of educational apps have all been found to threaten children's online safety.

I am not saying that all children are doing the same but some are really getting trapped into this, I had to write this chapter because I literally saw my own niece who is just 12 chatting with an unknown person, I lastly said to not to contact on this number or I'll give this to the police to that person and alerted my niece to not to chat any unknown number you've been conversed with and immediately block the number if you don't know the person,

Children are innocent and some wicked people are taking this advantage of this innocence, be aware what you're children are watching or doing online.  

Fitoor- Collection of Short Stories © Rhea.R. Chowdhury, 2023