Into The Unknown

I don't know, I don't at all remember. All I remember was that I with some of my "friends" were playing around the ocean, it was all sunny until the dark clouds mae it's way covering the sun and making the day from all bright sunny to gloomy dark. I knew I was going to get fucked when all of my friends started swimming to the shore at literally the speed of light leaving me, I wasn't really a great swimmer so it was kinda hard for me and to make things worse it started raining, no it was a storm, I never hated rain as much as I did back then, the raindrops were drowning me, disabling me from floating, intentionally drowning me. I was drowning, I thrusted up my arm in the sky and begged for help to my "friends" but I guess they were wiser, they chose to sacrifice one life to more five. I couldn't see them, I knew they were gone leaving me for the slicking ocean to pull me into it's powerful grasps. I knew it was my end when I finally sinked down, I closed my eyes letting the darkness absorb me but immediately  regreted as the need for oxygen kicked in my lungs, I felt my lungs burning, after a while of struggling I felt my body go numb and I couldn't move my limbs, the moment which I thought was going to be my last, I blinked, just to feel a divine presence around me and the las I saw before lossing myself was a pair of bluish purple eyes looking in mine.

Gladly, I made it alive, I found myself awake in the broad daylight on a rock, I looked around just to have some water splashed right onto my face, enough to wake me up my drowsy state, I do remember it clearly I saw a figure more precisely a fish but human like figure swimming down the ocean, was it a mermaid? siren? or just something? I don't know or I don't want to know, I know it was some creature that saved me from the clasp of the death for which I'm truly grateful. I never cared to contact those "friends" of mine again, of course only a fool would trust people for whom he was on the verge of dying. 

The ocean, it never failed to suprise me, it is something which fascinates me, makes me wants to drwon atleast to see what really is in their. They say "Questions are meant to be answered" no, sometimes soem questions are to be understood not answered. 

They say human's are yet to discover 70% of the water's till now, isn't it fascinating that we have searched around the skies but are yet to find the sea's? What could be more mysteriously beautiful than the water itself?

(Fictional story) 

Siren's;   in Greek mythology, a creature half bird and half woman who lured sailors to destruction by the sweetness of her song

The word comes from the Sirens in ancient Greek mythology, the women whose beautiful singing lures sailors to wreck their ships on the rocks.

Fitoor- Collection of Short Stories © Rhea.R. Chowdhury, 2023