fifteen;

"Hi guys, Gather around here!" A voice called, quite loud for she was using a megaphone

"Hi guys, Gather around here!" A voice called, quite loud for she was using a megaphone. Every students and some visitors walked towards the source of voice. "As the emperor was considered to be divine, no mere mortal was permitted access." The tour guide informed, she was holding a flag on her right hand while her left held the megaphone.

"This is gonna be exciting!" [Name] whispered to Liang, Dre was at the back of the crowd for he was the only one to be wearing civilian. [Name] had already prepared, so she stayed with Cheng's friends. "Hence the name," The large doors, filled with golden knobs, opened and cleared the view for the large open area. "The Forbidden City!"

Everyone started to run or walk inside, [Name] looked around and because of her curiosity. The girl touched the golden knob, feeling the smooth surface of it making her smile. [Name] turned around, seeing Dre and Meiying together, "You touch them for good luck." Meiying mumbled, holding Dre's hand. Dre stared at Meiying before touching every knob. [Name] turned back to the knobs in front of her before mirroring Dre's actions, earning a small giggle and chuckled from the other students.

[Name] walked back to the crowd and saw Cheng staring at Dre and Meiying, "Cheng, are you okay?" The girl asked, feeling guilty that she couldn't do anything. Cheng nodded, mentioning to Dre and Meiying. The girl frowned, She grabbed Cheng's arm and pulled him closer to the knobs. "Hey! What the hell are you doing?" Cheng yelled, trying to pull his arm away from the girl's grip. "Meiying said," [Name] grabbed Cheng's hand and placed them on one of the knob, "You touch them for good luck." Cheng raised a brow at the smiling girl, "You believe in those things?" Cheng asked, the palm of his hand still resting on the golden knob.

"It's worth a try." Said [Name], shyly. "It might give you the luck to ask Meiying out." Cheng lets out a scoff before smirking, gently touching one knob to another. "That's it!" [Name] chuckled, watching as Cheng touch the knobs. Cheng has no idea why he was touching one knob to another, he doesn't believe in those things so why was he so eager to impress the girl. "Why are you showing me this?" Cheng finally asked, "I don't know." The girl answered, wanting what Dre and Meiying have. "I guess, I'm just waiting for someone." The hopeless romantic sighed, "Would that be possibly me?" Cheng asked, a flutter in his chest risen as they watch the others walk away, slowly following them.

[Name] felt guilt, falling? for someone? who she knew all her friends despise? [Name] stopped, still unsure of her feelings. Cheng stared at the girl, as their eyes met.

For a boy so adept in fighting, his eyes were remarkably soft. "Is that a bad thing?" Cheng heard her mumble, so he shrugged, his emotions continued to be unknown to him. He had the awkward tenderness of someone who has never been loved and is forced to improvise. Cheng's friends started to look around, finally spotting him. "Cheng, Come on!" Cheng smiled, slowly pulling away from [Name]'s grip that they've never known was holding tight. As they part ways, the lingering soft tingle of their touch made them sigh and stare blank.

"The floors of the palace were reinforced with bricks fifteen layers deep to prevent anyone from tunneling in!" The tour guide said, [Name] walked towards Dre. "Hey buttercup," Dre smiled, [Name] gave a small smile before the two walked towards the others hand in hand.

Finally, the tour has ended after an hour. It wasn't long but it definitely got [Name] thinking of sleeping once she got home. "What were you and Cheng doing earlier? I thought you didn't like him??" Houyi whispered, [Name] thought for a moment, to see Cheng so soft and vulnerable made her smile. "There has been a change of plans." Houyi giggled, smiling at the girl who he found quite friendly and it surprised him that she had befriended Cheng without being a blackbelt or someone like Meiying to be looked after.

"Hey, you should come join us for some treats later!" Houyi offered, smiling at his friends. "Sure, can I bring my brother as well?" Houyi and his friends agreed, [Name] smiled and watch as Dre turned to her. "Want to come join us later?" The girl asked, "Nah, I-I have something..to do." Dre said, unsure of his words. "Oh." [Name] frowned, she felt as if, she and Dre was drifting away and it pains her to think that Dre would like Meiying better than her and that she won't be her brother's favorite anymore.

"I'll make it up to you, buttercup. I promise." Dre smiled, [Name] nodded and turned back to Houyi and his friends. "He's a little busy later so I guess, It's just us!" Nana, one of Houyi's friends, started to talk to [Name] and get to know her more. Nana was quite happy to know she won't be the only girl in their friend group. Suddenly, Bolin, Huan, and Chao started to introduce themselve one by one.

Little did they know, Cheng was staring from afar. The boy feels like he could never be that close to [Name] so he made a plan, it didn't have something to do with crime, but it was something he could make up for [Name].

As the group of new friends walked out of the bus, Houyi and [Name] started to talk to what restaurant or street foods they should try as they walk. Suddenly, Dre ran past [Name] followed by Cheng and his friends. "I think your brother is gonna get a beating." Houyi whispered, [Name] stomped her foot and started to run after the boys in wet uniforms. "Got to save my brother, next time then!" The girl shouted, "Bye!" Nana and the others shouted back, quite confused.

"Cheng you better stop all this--" [Name] gasped at the boys who started to climb a van filled with boxes, [Name] grabbed her bag tightly before using the boxes to follow the others. The girl apologized before jumping down, almost straining her ankle. Another area fille with car tires, everyone dodged cans and bikes. It was confusing and tiring, [Name] was never the athletic type of person so she had to be left behind, her heavy bag made her slow and her hair waft back to her face whenever she turns to look at things, suddenly, A loud noise of bottles breaking caught [Name]'s attention.

"DRE!" She screamed, but everyone ignored her as they kept runnning, not giving up until they catch the boy. Finally, The boys started to climb a wall. [Name] cringed but she didn't want Dre to be beaten up to a pulp and so she used the large sacks to climb up. As tiring it is to write this, the chase wasn't over. Dre and Cheng's friends pushed all the laundrys away, running back to the apartment building, [Name] panted to see the gate closed by one of Cheng's buddies.

"Open up!" [Name] screamed, trying to open the gate but it was no use. It was shut tight and firm. The girl looked around to find a way to get in, until then, she heard Dre scream in pain making her heart drop. Suddenly, The girl saw the maintenance man walking around with a bucket in his hand, "Mr. Han! Help, My brother is being attacked." The man looked at her with a blank expression before mentioning to follow him. The two went inside a small residence before quickly opening another door that sees the other side, there they spot Dre on the ground and Cheng ready to launch a punch.

[Name] stood still, not knowing what to do that was until Mr. Han quietly walked towards Cheng. Once Cheng moved his arm, The man caught it and fold his wrist downwards making Cheng groan in pain. [Name] left her bag inside and ran over to Dre, trying to help Dre up.

"Go home."