eighteen;

[Name] walked inside the small apartment and smiled, waving towards Sherry who was sitting on the chair by the small dining table

[Name] walked inside the small apartment and smiled, waving towards Sherry who was sitting on the chair by the small dining table. "Hey, Baby." Sherry smiled, The girl smiled feeling all giddy and happy as she sat down next to Sherry. "Hi Ma," She smiled. As a parent, like Sherry, she can feel the demeanor the girl was giving and so she smiled and stopped typing on her computer.

"What made my girl so happy?" [Name] looked down and pursed her lips as she smiled, her cheeks was starting to hurt but she can't stop, she wants to but can't.

"I uh...helped some friends and I feel really good about it." The girl explained her reason, it was a good reason but not the only one explaining why her tummy was feeling all mushy and tingly.

Before the woman could reply, Dre walked in the door before she could do so. "Oh, Hey!" Sherry greeted, Dre didn't and seemed to be in a bad mood.

"So how did it go?" Sherry asked, Dre placed his skateboard besides the door and sighed as he took of his jacket, "What'd you learn?" In an instant, Dre placed his jacket on the coat rack and walked away, "Nothing." With that, he walked in his room and shut it closed.

"Well.." [Name] paused, "He learnt to hang up his jacket." She said, looking at the jacket Dre, himself, hung up. "Wow," Sherry gasped, Both females looked at each other in shock.

The next day; It was rainy though, Cheng hoped to see [Name] in the park or in a convenience store buying things she needs. To make sure, Cheng grabbed his red coat and boots. The boy told his grandmother that he'd be taking a quick stroll, not waiting for an answer, the boy ran to the park.

"Are you sure you're okay buying these things? I-I'm sure I can—..." Sherry stopped mid-sentence, staring at [Name]'s face, one eyebrow was raised and a frown on her face.

"Mom, I'm sure I can handle this few things. I got my coat on and my boots, especially an umbrella." Sherry sighed, feeling bad for asking [Name] to do groceries on a sunday, rainy, morning.

"Alright, Be safe!" Sherry shouted, "I will!" [Name] closed the door shut and looked outside to see the rain still pouring, not looking like it was gonna end soon.

The girl tucked the paper, filled with things to buy, and the money inside her wallet before placing it inside her pocket. It was a nice feeling to feel cold especially when it was just sunny and hot.

The convenience store, [Name] walked from isle to isle; looking for things she needs. Eggs, milk, their favorite cereal, even placed things she wanted like; cookies and ice cream.

"Ah, young independence." An old man smiled, happy to see a young girl do groceries instead of adults trying to hush their kids. "Are you new here?" The old man asked, [Name] nodded and payed for the groceries. "I see. I hope to see you again, young lady!" The girl smiled at the old man, sliding the plastic bags towards her. The man was wholesome and was kind enough to hand [Name] some free snack bar, "Thank you!" Finally, the girl left the store and headed back to the building using the park root.

The sky was full of grey clouds, the sun wasn't visible but it was there somewhere, rain was pretty especially when you're in a good mood. [Name] hoped to see Cheng somewhere, walking or maybe buying stuff on small shopes like the bakery and such.

Like it was meant to be, Cheng spotted the girl carrying two bags and an umbrella, the handle under her armpit with the shaft resting on her shoulder. "Hey!" Cheng called, [Name] turned her head and accidentally let go of the umbrella.

Rain fell on her, she was panicking and was trying to pick up the umbrella without letting the groceries go in case the eggs and the meat touch the wet ground. The boy flinched and quickly ran over to help the girl, "Sorry." He mumbled, holding the umbrella above them.

"Cheng?" The girl asked, raising a brow at the boy. "Weird seeing you here," Cheng smirked, [Name] smirked back, feeling confident. "Were you waiting for me?" She asked, Cheng scoffed and shook his head. "No, of course not." He replied.

"But uh...May I help you with uhm..." Cheng mentioned to the bags, [Name], with a confused look, agreed without a doubt. "I'll take the bags, you hold the umbrella." The boy smiled, soft boy.

"Okay." [Name] said, taking this as an advantage for spending time with soft Cheng. It was weird, not knowing why, but loving the time. "I love catching you looking at me," Said Cheng, [Name] blinked in confusion.

The two stayed silent as they made their way to the building, it wasn't awkward, nor was it entirely silent. The rain poured down and their thoughts were so loud that they sigh everytime they agree with their thoughts.

"Are you coming to the Qixi Festival?" Cheng asked the girl, taking a quick glance as he tries not to slip from the slippery steps. "What that?" Cheng turned around and stopped, shutting his eyes. [Name] jumped at his sudden actions, "It's a festival that celebrates two people, Zhinü and Niulang." Said Cheng, he seems to be very nervous because he kept tapping his right foot.

"Why not Meiying?" [Name] asked, "Is that a no?" [Name] shook her head, "No." She answered.

"I haven't asked Meiying yet, I think she's going to Violin practice so uhm..." The boy scratched his head and looked at the ground, hoping not the be rejected. "I'll go, But you owe me." Cheng smiled and nodded, "Anything! There are lots of games and foods there." [Name] giggled and shrugged, "Alright, I guess I'm going then." Not wanting to sound excited, she closed the umbrella before slightly shaking it to dry it off of the excess water.

"Thanks for helping me, Cheng." Said the girl, grabbing her things from Cheng's hands. "Anytime." The boy awkwardly waved before slowly backing away, "I'll see you tomorrow!" Cheng quickly ran away before the girl could bid goodbye.

The door opened, Sherry stared at the dumbfounded girl by the door. "Hey, [Name]!" She smiled and opened the door wider, The woman felt ignored so she followed the girl's gaze and saw a boy running away.

"Who's your running friend?" Sherry asked, [Name] could only smile and shrugged as she walked in the door with the groceries.