015

"Hey, Carter... Uhm, I think you can just... You know? Leave me alone already," Connor sarcastically dazzled. His eyes were close while leaning at Carter's back. All he could think off was the pain inside his head and the sleepiness caused by it.

Carter was stunned. He turned around and shook Connor's shoulders. "Are you fucking kidding me? Yes we'll both die here due to the lack of ways trying to get away from that creatures. But if you're trying to surrender your soul to the devil right now... Then I guess you should do it when I'm already dead," Carter clenched his jaw once his eyes drifted to the boy's glistening lips.

"No... I am... I am dying..." Connor whispered.

"You're not. Come on, let's get inside that cabin," Carter ordered. He sling Connor's right arm at his shoulders and put his left arm on Connor's waste.

They walk until they reach the Cabin... Little does they know... it's an emergency exit passage of an underground facility. Carter blatantly open the door and get inside. He put Connor on the couch and close the door as quick as it can. By the help of the lightning outside, Carter found the switch to turn the lights on. Which successfully gives them the vision to observe the place.

"Okay, my father's a registered nurse. He taught me to do this even though I don't care much less, but now that I have to do it, you'll have to trust me as weird as it sounds like." While saying those, Carter was ripping off the hem of his borrowed shirt. "Okay, lie down."

Connor obliged. His head was on the arm of the couch he is lying. "Like this?" He even mumbled...

"On your side, and just talk to me, okay?" The younger boy nodded. "You are just having a mild bleeding, this should be easy," Carter assured himself. The cloth that was ripped from his shirt was slightly drenched with rain. His father told him that it should be dry, but he has no other options. He press the cloth on Connor's wound just to make it covered with red liquid. He ripped one more piece from his shirt and add it. And add, and add until the blood doesn't pierce through the layered fabrics anymore.

After a complete eleven minutes of pressure applied, Carter has successfully stopped the bleeding. Connor was still nodding to his dumb stories and it just made him smiled. "How is it going between you and Chelsea, anyway?" Out of the blue, Carter slipped, he was already tying a band around Connor's head.

Connor was confused why'd he asked that though. "How do you know about me and Chelsea?"

"Well, you two seemed too close together." Was all Carter could say.

"We do? But we don't interact that much... She thinks I'm too busy studying than doing..." Connor stopped. He can't even form the word Chelsea used to offend him back then.

"What? Tell me," Carter fused.

"It's embarrassing, I'd rather not."

"You're too busy studying than doing her, am I right?" Which got Carter right. Connor laughed at that as he sat up feeling a bit better now.

"Yeah, probably that. Just... Wake me up when you think of a plan already. Promise, I will not die..." With a slight giggle, Carter leave the boy alone.